Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

HELP!!!BBA!!!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    help!!my dad's 4ft planted tank got bba on driftwood(wif java moss and abit of ricca) and sides of the tank!how do i get rid of it?cleaning out the whole tank is last resort...in the tank got cardinals...green tetras....thread fin rainbows...some blood red platies...4 otos,2 SAE...one dwarf puffer....wad to do???

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

HELP!!!BBA!!!

help!!my dad's 4ft planted tank got bba on driftwood(wif java moss and abit of ricca) and sides of the tank!how do i get rid of it?cleaning out the whole tank is last resort...in the tank got cardinals...green tetras....thread fin rainbows...some blood red platies...4 otos,2 SAE...one dwarf puffer....wad to do???

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

HELP!!!BBA!!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

HELP!!!BBA!!!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    remove as much as u can manually, siphon away dirt trapped at the bottom (especially yr foregrd plants) reduce feeding, water change, add more sae, yamato

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    May I check with you what is you water parameters e.g. pH, kH, NO3, temp, lights amount and duration, ferterlization etc?
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Reduce feeding. How many fishes are inside the 4ft . Do more water Change . stop fertilization.
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    yeah, I have BBA as well, put in a couple of SAEs and 20 Yamatos (12 bucks from Petmart) + reduced feeding and liquid fert, and it's cleared up quite a bit. I tried to feed such that the SAEd don't get any flakes. Just put a little bit of food at a time, the hungry tetras will go for it like there's no tomorrow and the SAEs (they're small) won't really get a chance. []

I did loose my one large lotus leaf to BBA though []. Now just waiting for the others to grow big, BTW I wonder if putting a root monster will help?

eggz

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Up CO2...

I increased mine to about 35~40ppm... no trace of BBA now.

Latest water parameters:
    NO3 20ppm
    PO4 0.25ppm
    pH 6.0~6.5
    kH 3~4
    GH 12
    Fe 0.25ppm

BC