Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 22 of 22

Thread: A Chiller : Is bigger the better ?

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    372
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    1
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

    Advertise here

    Advertise here
    a few points....
    1) 3 doors may not be feasible for ur length of cabinet....in the end you get very narrow door openings that may prove a challenge to move ur chiller/co2 tank/ext filter cannister....suggest u go for 2 doors...

    2) height of 0.7 cm may make it easy for maintenance but may not look nice if u intend to put in in a large area like ur living room......... i suggest u make a cut out of the outline of ur tank and stick it onto the wall where u intend to place the final tank...... move around, sit down, do the usual things u will do in that room and see if u can enjoy your tank..... no point having a tank when u need to bend down to admire it each time.....

    3) when measuring space inside ur cabinet for ur equipments, always give allowances..... eg. if u only measure ur external filter height from the specs given, u will realise that when u connect the hoses, these hoses will take up abit more space on top unless u severely kink the hoses.....

    4) make sure ur frame can fit in the maximum size of chiller u may potentially use........ that translate to making sure the door way can clear....... removable panels may prove invaluable....

    hope this helps!

  2. #22
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Joo Chiat Place
    Posts
    139
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks for the recommendation.

    Spoke to the guy who is making it and our conclusion is similar to your recommendation.

    For the lenght that I am going for, it would be 2 doors.

    The clearance space would be increased to 75cm to add some margin to the chiller height and the tubings.

    So I have now ordered the cabinet and the chiller (burning a big hole in my pocket).
    Now I have to start on the tanks. haha

    Will do with what I have now (ie a 2 feet tank) and will add another 1 feet tank (for shrimps) using the CL85 that I now have.

    Later I would see if I want to upgrade to a 3-4 feet tank.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •