This is the flower of a terrestrial orchid, Acanthephippium sp. (Probably Acanthephippium javanicum ???)
Close-up of the inflorescence of a terrestrial orchid, Acanthephippium sp.
![]()

I think I am already hook to the native orchids of Borneo......there are more than 2,000 species of orchids in Borneo, so I don't know how many years I need to take to photograph all the flowers of the orchid in my native land. I hope I can photograph at least 1,000 species of the exotic orchids from Borneo! Wish me luck. :-)
Here are some pictures of flower & inflorescence of orchids which are taken in my garden recently:
The tiny flower (about 1cm across) of jewel orchid, Anoectochilus longicalcaratus.
Anoectochilus longicalcaratus
![]()
Wanna see Borneo? Just click...http://junglemikey.blogspot.com/

This is the flower of a terrestrial orchid, Acanthephippium sp. (Probably Acanthephippium javanicum ???)
Close-up of the inflorescence of a terrestrial orchid, Acanthephippium sp.
![]()
Wanna see Borneo? Just click...http://junglemikey.blogspot.com/

The tiny flower (less than 1cm across) of Cystorchis sp.
The inflorescence of Cystorchis sp.
The leaves of Cystorchis sp.
![]()
Wanna see Borneo? Just click...http://junglemikey.blogspot.com/

you are plain lucky to be living in the right place having the right hobby. You have my envy and especially for the spirit of adventure

Wanna see Borneo? Just click...http://junglemikey.blogspot.com/

Correction: This orchid is Malaxis metallica
![]()
Wanna see Borneo? Just click...http://junglemikey.blogspot.com/
Bookmarks