Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Cryptocoryne wendtii

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi everyone, its been awhile since I last posted, don't know if anyone still remembers me...

I was looking through some scapes for ideas for a new setup of my 3x2x2 tank and I came across a few with the branchy looking driftwood and with the above-mentioned crypt. I would like to ask where is it possible to purchase this plant and the driftwood. I went to Teo's quite a few times but I have never been able to see any driftwood that looks like that.

Does E.Wendtii have a few varieties? I have seen some bunches on the net that are a mix of green, bronze and slightly red. The colours are really eye-catching!

Unfortunately, being in the hotel industry my hours are a little erratic so I haven't been able to do much to my tank even though I have bought a chiller and T5 lights. Hope I can get started on it real soon though... Looking forward to your replies!
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I don't understanding what you mean?

Teo has Crypt. Wendtii as I bought one Wendtii 'Red' from him last Thu.

For branchy looking driftwood, I think you are refering to bogwood. Quite a number of lsf do have except might not meet your requirement.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Branchy driftwood could be found in most LFS.

Colourful Aquarium has got a tankful of crypts. Yup there are a varieties of wendtii. Check out this link http://www.tropica.com/plant_print.asp and scroll down to crypts. I've bought a few pots of wendtii but I can tell you what you buy might not looked the same after planting in the tank. The structure and colour of the new leaves looks quite different. But they're interesting and nice.
    Last edited by leeruisheng; 25th Jun 2007 at 12:19.
    God will make a way, where there seems to be no way

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hmm, I will go and check it out from Teo. He sells the emmersed form?

The hard part is getting the bogwood that I like. Any ideas?
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Smile

try NA. He has got plenty of them outside his shop. Colourful which is just next door is also a good bet. the other good place is C328. I was there last week and aunty has got boxes of them. Check them out.

Cheers!!
    A Friend is one who is Faithful, Reliable, Inspiring, Encourager, who is Neutral when handling conflicts and helps to Develop you as a person.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Crypt. Wendtii

Hi there,

From what i know, crypt. wendtii actually has as much as 9 varieties. And to name some are the 'chameleon', 'hybrid' and 'green gecko'. I think most LFS only know they are crypt. wendtii but not their variety.