Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone seen those new T5 bulbs yet?

Feedback Score

Anyone seen those new T5 bulbs yet?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Ppl,

I just came across these a couple of days ago. Saw 3 sizes - 12W, 16W and 20W, in daylight white and blue. They're very intense even though the wattage is quite low. Just like half of a 36W PL-L tube, but cost much less. Typical 8000K super white 20W with electronic ballast and fitting and wiring is only about S$18. The blue is $5 more.

Since these bulbs are very thin (1/2" only), it is actually possible to cram in say, 4 whites and 4 blues, and just take up about 5" of space over a 2' x 1' x 1' mini reef tank, AND have 160W of light there. The replacement bulbs are cheap too - white for $7, blue are $12.

Will be testing them out soon and will keep u all posted here.

Feedback Score

Ppl,

I just came across these a couple of days ago. Saw 3 sizes - 12W, 16W and 20W, in daylight white and blue. They're very intense even though the wattage is quite low. Just like half of a 36W PL-L tube, but cost much less. Typical 8000K super white 20W with electronic ballast and fitting and wiring is only about S$18. The blue is $5 more.

Since these bulbs are very thin (1/2" only), it is actually possible to cram in say, 4 whites and 4 blues, and just take up about 5" of space over a 2' x 1' x 1' mini reef tank, AND have 160W of light there. The replacement bulbs are cheap too - white for $7, blue are $12.

Feedback Score

Ppl,

Feedback Score

Ppl,

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    May I know where you get these lightings?

Thank you
    The key to success is patience. If that fails, screw the guy in front of you!!

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

----------------
    what is the usage lifespan???[:]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

from what i read, they pls are T-7's bent, not T-5's n their diameter is smaller then pls.

the thing i dun get is tt y r the bulbs so cheap?? the prices in europe r like 100+euro.

ya na.....where did u c the T5s? i might get afew.
    Acroporids and Tridacnids

Feedback Score
    yes, do let us know where you got those.

Feedback Score
    Zero & WS,

There's a local importer here in KL where I get them from.

Spiff,

I guess they're cheap 'cos they're made in Taiwan And they are indeed T5s; I measured their diameter. T5s are 5/8 inch in diameter, which these guys are. But with the fitting, each sets' width is 0.7 inch.

Kel,

No-eye-deer on the lifespan yet. Still too knew to tell, but what the heck. For that kind of pricing, I can afford to throw them away if they're hopeless. My only worry is the e-ballast that comes with the set - they're not known to be very reliable, especially from Taiwan. This could be because of their mains frequency of 60Hz, and 110V.

doh! forgot u live in KL

nark can u pls tell me the address of the shop???
    my fren is gonna go to kl tomolo

Feedback Score
    yo narcosis, ya live in KL..
    Yay,...me too! Hey, just wanna ask ah..where to get PL-L lamps and their ballast? any good shops..cheap aso.. and where to get this light ur talking about?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    sorry... I am very interested in this T5-bulb or T7.[:] . but. can anyone post a picture of the new light.. cos' I can't really think of how the light will look .. sorry guys.. anyone can post a picture?[]

its looks jus a straightened out pl.

Feedback Score
    This is great news! I have been looking for small, bright and actinic lights for my pico tank only 1 ft by 1 ft. Space and efficiency is my upmost concern.
    Wonder if these are available in Singapore? If not, would u let us know the Taiwan manufacturer so we could look for more information on the web ste.

thank you so much ....

Feedback Score
    Is the T5 tube even going to be available in S'pore?

i dunno...these bulbs r jus produced n is actually still being tested.

Feedback Score
    They remind me of the tubes I have in the fluorescent torch lights and the blue light used in insect zappers.[]

Feedback Score
    Spiff,

Thanks for the pic. Sorry for answering so late, since I only access the net at home, after work. Anyhow, the contact details are in my shop, but you can ask your friend to call me at 012-3887048, and I'll pass it to him. Or if he wants, I can pick up a couple of them, and pass them to him if he can meet up with me.

Jason,

You can also call me at the above number; I'm in Subang, and I'll pass you more info then.

Rgds

Feedback Score
    LiveRock,

Sorry, dunno who the manufacturer is, because the local importer repackaged it intentionally so we can't contact the manufacturer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast