Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Question Help needed! Newbie for CRS.

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Need help on CRS. First how to feed spinach to the CRS as in what form?? Cooked?? Smashed?? Which part of the plant?? How does feeding spinach help the CRS?? Next thing that I need help from all bros and sis out there is that is it better to put ketapang leaves or sera super peat in the CRS tank. Thanks to all the bros and sis out there for your help!!!
    Last edited by Quixotic; 17th Jul 2007 at 12:06. Reason: Spelling

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    can you let us know your tank specifications and water parimeter??

Also feed spinach with care, meaning buy spinach free from chemicals.

You need to wash clean the spinach, boil for 5 mins and let the CRs eat.

To be frank, till now I did not feed spinach at all, just with CRs food I bought off the shelves

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks PLee

Thanks Plee,
    Mine is a 1 ft cube housing ard 15 shrimps. Temp of water is ard 26 degrees with a ADA wood tied with flame moss. The base of tank is covered by ard 1cm of amazonia ADA soil. Did not measure the PH of the water though as dont have a ph pen.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    if you do not have a PH pen, then better don't mess around with PH. Peat can lower the PH of water quite drastic and that might cause more harm to your CRs than help

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi there bro cyclops,
    Firstly welcome to crs keeping!! = p 2ndly, i suppose you'll want to measure the ph of your water as well as the ammonia and nitrate levels at least, these are the min requirements u hafta you have to constantly monitor to keep your crs happy = ] Like what bro 'plee' has said, peat can drastically lower your ph, so if your ph level is already adequate, there actually isn't a need to add peat to your set up = p What filtration are you using bro cyclops?
    Last edited by Quixotic; 23rd Jul 2007 at 00:24. Reason: Please watch the SMS lingo ('hafta')!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi bro,
    Using a eden for a 1 ft cube. Water change like 20% everyweek. Is it enough??

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    For myself, i try to maintain at 1 water change every week. 20% change is good as I was told to avoid changing too much to upset the water parameters.

PH is important but I feel that what is more important are the ammonia, nitrate level, just like what the rest are saying. When I started crs, i have some casualties weekly but ever since my ammonia and nitrate maintain at 0, I have no more of that.

Happy crs keeping.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Pregnant Now!!!

Thanks. Some of my CRS is like pregnant now. Hope i can see shrimplets soon. So excited at looking at the CRS. Maybe its the feeling a newbie has.
    Last edited by Quixotic; 13th Aug 2007 at 09:49. Reason: Spelling

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
    Thanks. Some of my CRS is like pregnant now. Hope i can see shrimplets soon. So excied at looking at the CRS. Maybe its the feeling a newbie has.
    It is alway exciting to see the shrimp breed, you should be able to see shrimplet in this few week. But remember to stuff some sponge in your filter inlet hose to prevent your shrimplet to be sucked in.

Cheers, enjoy

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks

Thanks bro. Did that when i setup my tank. Hope to see some shrimplets soon.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    congrats and hope to see an update of the shrimplets soonz

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi finally see some small baby crs. Thought the crs didnt survice after i saw the eggs dissappear but thank goodness i think the baby crs are hiding in the forest of flame moss i have. Now preparing a bigger tank for more crs. Thanks to all guys out there for the help and advice given.