Country
    Singapore

Aggressive Male German Ram

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys, need your advice on this:

I've got a pair of German Rams and they have been living harmoniously for about a month now in a 1.5ft with about 5 White Mountain Cloud Minnows. Only about two days ago that the male suddenly became super aggressive and started harassing the female till her fins were ripped!

For fear that she might get hurt further, I removed her for a day and re-introduced her back into the tank again but she received the same treatment. Why this sudden change in behaviour from the male and does that mean this pair has no hope of breeding? By the way, I got them from a forumer who said that the pair has bred before.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    The surrounding has change. Are they still in a tank of the same dimension as the previous owner? The male is ready to spawn but the female not ready.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I see, so it's a matter of spawning. How can I re-condition the two of them again and when should I add the female back in with the male? Thanks for helping out!
    Last edited by Quixotic; 23rd Jul 2007 at 00:29. Reason: Remove immediate quote

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    seperate them. Beef up the female and once she shown her pinksih belly, she ready.. after that take out the male if can..