Feedback Score
    Country
    United Kingdom

Help with my Glossotigma

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi i have had a 10 gallon tank set up now for 4 weeks with the black gravel for plants that comes pre washed unsure of the proper name.I used mature water from my big tank to help it on after a week i added 6 neons. Anyways my nitrate went sky high and i got loads of algae growing fast, the nitrate is at a good level now. The problem is with my glossostigma, there is still algae on it and its hard to remove, in some areas there is none at all. There is new shoots growing fast with no algae on them. I am looking for a bit of advice on if i should trim it right back and replant with clean plants or just leave it and maybe it will out grow the algae. Also there is lots of bubbles coming from the Glossostigma is this ok. Maybe this should be in the algae section and if so very sorry. Any help much appreciated

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Trim away the algae infected leaf pairs. if you can clean the algae off or the leaves are still quite "alive", you can replant them. Your gloos has established and pearling means it's in good shape.
    I'm back!

Feedback Score
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Thanks aeon your a realy helpfull person and very knowledgable found your link very helpfull. You will get fed up with helping me soon cos i always needing some advice

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I had the same problem sometime back. My solution, seachem excel and yamotoes. Within 2 weeks all cleared.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I had this problem b4..with Hairgrass..gosso..HC. stop dosing, cut away as much heavy infested leaves, removed patches of substrate which are infested with algae too. Dose seachem excel, since they've got anti-algae properties. Introduces yamato shrimps, ottos and SAEs, i find them very algae-hungry and often gets rid of the existing algaes in no time. Hope this helps. =) best of luck