Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

A Visit To ADA's Office

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Some experiences I wish to share with everyone in the group. Have posted some pics during an invitation to visit Mr Amano in Niigata prefecture, Japan. Lifetime experience I must say, and plenty of afterthoughts about his teachings.

Japan is considered a trendsetter for the pets and aquarium industry. My visit to Japan was a real eye opener, I feel. Only when I saw the aquarium hobby scene there, that I realise how far behind we were. My other trips to Hong Kong, Taiwan & South Korea confirmed my views. I hope I have not offended anyone with my comments. However, those of you who've experienced the aquarium scene overseas will probably know what I mean.

Meantime, enjoy!

My first morning in freezing Tokyo. The previous nite saw the heaviest snowfall in Tokyo, never before seen in Japan's history.

Part of Niigata prefecture, near our hotel. The prefecture is about 4 hours away from Tokyo, via the 'Shinkansen' or bullet train. Alternatively, one could take a direct flight to Sendai from Singapore, then proceed to Niigata from there. Niigata is not a big city by Japan's standard. This is a prefecture more well known for its agricultural produce.

My close friend Tony, and me, at a heritage site in Niigata prefecture. When it snows there, it is like pouring man!

In ADA office. The building itself is rather big and the attitude of the entire staff was second to none. Everyone stands up and greet you at the same time as you enter. also, I must mention that every employee is assigned to a tank that he/ she must maintain regularly. This ensure that everyone in the company knows the trade and products thoroughly. Very impressive corporate culture! From left to right - Tony, Mr Amano, Me, Mr Hayakawa, Mr Abe and Mr Higuchi.

Tony, Mr Amano and yours truly. The man has got this charisma in him, stern looking, yet warm personality.

ADA has an aquarium retail store not far away from its office building. The floor area is quite large going by Singapore's standard. The staff are friendly, very professional and service oriented.

These are just some of Mr Amano's work piece. There were simply too many for us to handle! For those Aquascaping lovers, this place is like the Xanadu or Shangri la. You'll probably have to bring along a bucket to hold your drool man.

A traditional dinner hosted by Mr Amano and department heads in a beautiful Japanese restaurant, complete with tatami room and SAKE, of course. The man himself is an excellent drinker so don't ever drink w
    ''Great Spirits Have Always Encountered Violent Opposition From Mediocre Minds.'' Albert Einstein

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

A Visit To ADA's Office

Some experiences I wish to share with everyone in the group. Have posted some pics during an invitation to visit Mr Amano in Niigata prefecture, Japan. Lifetime experience I must say, and plenty of afterthoughts about his teachings.

Japan is considered a trendsetter for the pets and aquarium industry. My visit to Japan was a real eye opener, I feel. Only when I saw the aquarium hobby scene there, that I realise how far behind we were. My other trips to Hong Kong, Taiwan & South Korea confirmed my views. I hope I have not offended anyone with my comments. However, those of you who've experienced the aquarium scene overseas will probably know what I mean.

Meantime, enjoy!

My first morning in freezing Tokyo. The previous nite saw the heaviest snowfall in Tokyo, never before seen in Japan's history.

Part of Niigata prefecture, near our hotel. The prefecture is about 4 hours away from Tokyo, via the 'Shinkansen' or bullet train. Alternatively, one could take a direct flight to Sendai from Singapore, then proceed to Niigata from there. Niigata is not a big city by Japan's standard. This is a prefecture more well known for its agricultural produce.

My close friend Tony, and me, at a heritage site in Niigata prefecture. When it snows there, it is like pouring man!

In ADA office. The building itself is rather big and the attitude of the entire staff was second to none. Everyone stands up and greet you at the same time as you enter. also, I must mention that every employee is assigned to a tank that he/ she must maintain regularly. This ensure that everyone in the company knows the trade and products thoroughly. Very impressive corporate culture! From left to right - Tony, Mr Amano, Me, Mr Hayakawa, Mr Abe and Mr Higuchi.

Tony, Mr Amano and yours truly. The man has got this charisma in him, stern looking, yet warm personality.

ADA has an aquarium retail store not far away from its office building. The floor area is quite large going by Singapore's standard. The staff are friendly, very professional and service oriented.

These are just some of Mr Amano's work piece. There were simply too many for us to handle! For those Aquascaping lovers, this place is like the Xanadu or Shangri la. You'll probably have to bring along a bucket to hold your drool man.

A traditional dinner hosted by Mr Amano and department heads in a beautiful Japanese restaurant, complete with tatami room and SAKE, of course. The man himself is an excellent drinker so don't ever drink w
    ''Great Spirits Have Always Encountered Violent Opposition From Mediocre Minds.'' Albert Einstein

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

A Visit To ADA's Office

Meantime, enjoy!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

A Visit To ADA's Office

Meantime, enjoy!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Wow....An once in a lifetime experience. I also want to go.
    Envy...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    lovely, i think I was in tokyo that same year, only heard of the snowfall after I touched down in SIN

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    one qn
    do they speak english or you know japanese?
    it'd be fun to go there but i'm thinking about the language barrier

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Did you ask him any questions on planted tanks???? Any tips and info did he gave you or are you too over the high or drunk to ask. []
    Plant Physiology by Taiz and Zeiger

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    WOW!
    I don't know how to describe my sense of excitement after seeing this thread. i really envy you , Ah moae!
    Aquatic plants and LEGO collector.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    [] []

Guys,his philosophies & reasonings are rather difficult to understand, sometimes. And yes, I returned a more knowledgeable person.[]

Anyone of you here can do it too. I'm not the only Singaporean who was invited, there have been others too.

Simon, I'll let you know once they are ready. You edit ok[:]

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    *speechless* and *envious*

May I ask how you got invited?
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    This is bloody cool, man. I will certainly remember to bring a bucket if I ever go there.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    As I was previously working in the ornamental fish industry dealing with Global Sales, I had the good opportunity to meet up with quite a number of people all over the world.

Of course, being in the hobby, it helps aplenty to build business relations.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    thats so nice!

Have a question though,
    what do you mean by "Trendsetter" ?
    and what is the trend?
    What about other kind of fishkeeping?

is it "trendy" because it looks instantly appealing to anyone looking at this kind of tank ....i.e "marketable" ?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Impressive, guys! It really increase our interest in this hobby. Thanks for sharing this with us.
    Welcome to visit my-blog

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    thanks for sharing. very very nice!
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Got ask them whether have vacancy or not? Me wish to work there man!

BC

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    damn envious and inspiring lor