Images
    Country
    Singapore

ID Plant deficiency.

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here

What is this plant deficient in? Magnesium? I spotted this in some other plants as well.
    Yours Truly, Avan

I went into the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life... to put to rout all that was not life; and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.

~ Henry David Thoreau

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I suspect deficiency in Phosphorus. Lack in phosphorus gives signs of purplish leaf veins.

Lack in Magnesium will result in chlorosis of leaves.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Looks like normal leaf dying. Did you just buy it? If yes, it is just the emersed leaf dying to make way for the submersed leaf.

ck

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    It has been in my tank for over a month now. It was in submersed state when I bought from a fish farm in Pasir Ris Farmway 2. The color is more brown than purple, think a little difficult to see in the picture. Is it confirmed to be phosphorus deficiency?
    Yours Truly, Avan

I went into the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life... to put to rout all that was not life; and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.

~ Henry David Thoreau

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    submersed state? They probably just threw it into the water a few days before you bought it. AFAIK, Java fern are commercially grown emersed. 1 month sounds like about right.

If you have stem plants in your tank, they will be a better guide for deficiency as they grow faster and will show symptoms first.

ck