Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

From Sunsetway, Singapore: "Hi! & Help!!"

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hello! I have just decided to restart my planted aquarium hobby after a hiatus of 3 years. I had a 6 footer and a 4 footer planted tanks before I relocated to Singapore.

Just ditched my small 85 liter reef tank and am in the process of converting it to a planted aquarium. 85 liters, Dupla Delta CO2, Eheim 2224, tank and 36 watts full spectrum daylight.

Was installing my Dupla armatur to the CO@ tank and the plastic nozzle for the CO@ outlet from the armatur broke!

would any one know where I can get a replacement in Singapore? Any advice will be deeply appreciated! I really don't want to go through the expense of buying the whole unit!

thanks guys!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Welcome to AQ Binks!

Honestly I do not know of a place that sells Dupla stuff. Maybe there's a Dupla user here that could assist you.
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    thanks BFG! I have written to the distributors Aquatechnic Singapore, though I dont really know if they will bother to reply or not.

Meanwhile I shall continue to hope someone here has the info!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Binks, some times it's better to just give them a call. I've had countless emails left unanswered when dealing with local companies. I don't even know why they bother putting up an email address in the first place.
    When you say armatur, do you mean the regulator? If it is, you can get pretty good ones with solenoid valves for fairly cheap(below $200) here. Since you're at Sunsetway, I highly recommend popping by Clementi Block 328. There are a couple of fish shops there that have some of the best prices in Singapore.
    Call me Brian.

P.S. This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Brian! thank you for the info! Yes, I am referring to the Dupla regulator. And I have just started visiting Blk 328 for all my supplies.

Alice Gan M.D. of Aquatechnic replied quite promptly to my query and I was able to buy the outlet valve. I have to say that I was extremely impressed by her professionalism and passion for the business which is also her hobby. She showed me around and some of the marine and planted tanks she has are the best I've seen so far! Some of the tanks are over 25 years old and they do look like new.
    Worth a visit even if you do not plan to buy anything!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Binks,

Welcome to AQ!

Which part of the world did you relocate to Singapore from? We are always curious to know what the aquatic hobby scene is like in other parts of the world. Do share!

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Talking

Hi Binks,

Welcome to AQ! Alice from aquatechnic is always a helpful lady.

She will always take the hassle to bring people around her showroom when you approach her directly.

She will definitely show you her 25 year old planted tank. Haha.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hey Benny!
    I was in Bombay where I had a 2.5X8 foot in my office and 2X6foot in my office and one 2X2 at home......the larger two tanks had CO2. All three planted tanks with laterite substrate coverd with 2" of riversand. Lots of Cardinals, Discus, Ottos, Clowns,...

Plants are cheap there but equipment is very very expensive, no authorised suppliers and the duties are high...........for the laterite and the sand I just drove out of the city and collected it

B.

Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    Hi Binks,

Welcome to AQ!

Which part of the world did you relocate to Singapore from? We are always curious to know what the aquatic hobby scene is like in other parts of the world. Do share!

Cheers,

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Well! Besides welcoming you to AQ, I must also say welcome to Singapore! Hope you will settle in well here and I'm sure the food won't be an issue.

Singapore is a small place, unlike India, but the size also makes it a lot convenient as distances are usually not an issue. Since you stay at Sunset Way, you'll be pleased to know that you have a 24 hr Aquarium near you at Blk 328 Clementi Ave 2 as well as the very competitively priced C328 (Clementi Aquarium and Florist) at the same block.

I look forward to you sharing pictures of your setup here.

Cheers,

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Food an issue? Far from it! Ive been here 3 years 9 (but just decided to restart my planted aquarium hobby,) and I LOVE the food.....stopped eating Indian food at home....and I can tell you where you get the best wanttan mee in terms of noodle texture (fei fei in Joo chiat) or in terms of the char sui...(Keong Saek road)....the list goes on; laksa in Katong or the one in Holland V.............I not going back lor; I even have all the Jack Neo movies!
    Yes, I have checked both the places and plan to go to Blk 238 agian.
    Benny would you know where i can get river (low alkanity ) sand? And duplarit?
    thanks!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Oh! So you are already clued in our our local scene! Looks like you really know how to get around!

Anyway, if you are looking for river sand, you can order it from C328. Just ask Mrs. Toh for the one from Europet. It's about S$10 to S$12 per pack for 10 kg.

As for Duplarit, if Aquatechnic does not have it, no one else will. You will need to order it online or get some friends from Hong Kong to bring over. The high prices and weak distribution of Dupla makes it relatively unpopular in the local scene.

Cheers,

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks again! any suggestions for Duplarit alternatives which are as good but freely available?
    Best.