Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: When to start servicing my Resun CL650 chiller?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

When to start servicing my Resun CL650 chiller?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hi guys im currently usin a resun cl650 for almost 9 months(my is a 4x1.5x1.5 tank) just want to know
    when should i start servicing my chiller or any ways to maintain the performance of the chiller? and if i have to service my chiller how much will it be?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I think when you realize its taking a much longer time to cool your tank down compared to when you just gotten it. Price range I believe is between $100-$150.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I was told by a chiller technician that chiller do not need maintainence service, only service when spoiled. I do know that a lot of reefer service their chiller frequently. Just wonder what is included in a normal service package?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by boonpeiu View Post
    I was told by a chiller technician that chiller do not need maintainence service, only service when spoiled. I do know that a lot of reefer service their chiller frequently. Just wonder what is included in a normal service package?
    i believe after sometime its efficiency of cooling the water will decrease over time.

Just like our aircon system, when refrigant gas drop below a certain level, the "cooling" effects drop.

I think servicing will includes topping up of refrigant gas and checking of thermostat. You might want to give biotope a call to double check. Heard from some bro they do servicing of chillers.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    The servicing part is to clean the ' cooling fin ' ( sorry, I've forgotten the actual name of the said part ). When this part is as good as new, the efficiency of the chiller will increase. If it's thick with dust, very hard for the chiller to bring down the temperature.
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    oh. ic. will wait for a while more. maybe will give biotope a ring when i need to service. thanks anyway.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    The servicing part is to clean the ' cooling fin ' ( sorry, I've forgotten the actual name of the said part ). When this part is as good as new, the efficiency of the chiller will increase. If it's thick with dust, very hard for the chiller to bring down the temperature.
    Is the 'cooling fin' within the water reservoir compartment of the chiller? How they clean it? Use some cleaning solution?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    er, my CL-650 broke before it was time to service it.
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I was told a good chiller will not leak gas. General cleaning can be done by ownself with cloth or vacuum cleaner. Just like a refrigerator, we don't do maintainence service. So, I want to find out what was done during a chiller servicing. To me a chiller is more of a refrigerator than a air-con which required servicing.