Thread: Wood

Feedback Score

Wood

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,

First and foremost, pardon me moderators for i duno which section to have this topic in.

Can somebody tell me what kinda woods are there out there in the market ? Online search engines didn't really satisfy me. Hope u guys can. Sheesh.

Thanks
    Thanks & Regards,
    Trevor

Feedback Score

Wood

Hi,

First and foremost, pardon me moderators for i duno which section to have this topic in.

Can somebody tell me what kinda woods are there out there in the market ? Online search engines didn't really satisfy me. Hope u guys can. Sheesh.

Thanks
    Thanks & Regards,
    Trevor

Feedback Score

Wood

Hi,

Thanks
    Thanks & Regards,
    Trevor

Feedback Score

Wood

Hi,

Thanks
    Thanks & Regards,
    Trevor

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Tried searching with keywords like "driftwood"?
    You can buy some driftwood from Teo Plant Farm as they soak the wood in water. So it will not cause the tank water to be too brownish later.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Hi,

Driftwood didn't really help much. Well, will keep finding la. Thanks for the info rgd Teo's farm.

Cheers
    Thanks & Regards,
    Trevor

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    trevor, hardly any site will explain the diff types of wood used for aquatic purposes... here r the ones i know, mangrove root, bogwood, driftwood

Feedback Score
    Hi,

Thanks for the enlightment everybody. Got pix of the wood ? JUst wanna see out of curiosity and maybe my friend interested.

So far the wood's' known to me are:

1. mopani
    2. bogwood
    3. mangrove root
    4. driftwood
    5. fake wood ? heard it somewhere..

cheers
    Thanks & Regards,
    Trevor

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    What's the difference bet bogwood and driftwood? Colour or wt or what? Is one any superior and more expensive that the other for plt growth root anchor? Which one is more durable or less likely to give off debris?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Bogwood is more expensive then driftwood. For the anchoring of plants i'm not very sure, IMHO bogwood don't give off as much as driftwood.
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 10/3/2002 1:06:58 PM

What's the difference bet bogwood and driftwood? Colour or wt or what? Is one any superior and more expensive that the other for plt growth root anchor? Which one is more durable or less likely to give off debris?
    ----------------
    all timber will decay over time... jus a matter of time when u realise the wood becomes brittle and breaks off easily... leech depends on the wood, even if they r expensive doesnt readily means they would or wouldnt leech more than cheaper driftwood.. think bogwood is sold by weight and they r heavy.. thats one reason y they dun float, even very small ones

Feedback Score
    Hi,

Thanks for the enlightment. For those who have the same queries as me. Can refer to the thread below. It has more info IMHO.

Cheers

http://www.aquaticquotient.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=4968&sessionID={531B3D57-DFC8-4855-9CBC-AAA9C2FE9C69}
    Thanks & Regards,
    Trevor

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Australia
    I have different type of wood in my tank. We have hard, moderate and soft wood. Hard wood will take longer to decay and if you have fish like panaque, it will chew soft wood faster than hard wood for obvious reason.
    I have tried 1 type of wood that create terible smell when submerge but didn't seem to affect my fish. I would suggest you just to try any type of wood that you like.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Trevor dont mind i move this to fishkeeping..so more ppl can reply to this

Also the post abt tank cycling..moved it here too.

[:]

Feedback Score
    No Prob Boss.. Sorry for the inconvieniece
    Thanks & Regards,
    Trevor

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    i got what was labelled as "welaby wood" from sam yick in marine parade. looked like bogwood, also sold by weight, by i believe, lighter.
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.