Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

promising solution to BBA problem

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys, currently I'm experimenting the hornwort (ceratophyllum demersum) and duckweed to clear the BBA. Guess what, the nasty algae actually disappeared! This is especially apparent on the CO2 reactor and thermometer. Other plants are also beginning to rid themselves of the algae.

So if u have a hopeless BBA problem and do not know what to do. Try the above plants.[]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Congratulations!
    You have been successfully initiated into ABBA - the Anti BBA league. May your duckweed paddle and hornwort blow.

But alas, a greater menace looms, the Blue-Greens. And to prevent this organism from taking over your domain and completing its long-delayed evolution into the dominant life-form of this planet, you must plunge into the dark

How does hornwort look like ? Any pic ? Have been trying to look for one. Where did u get it ?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

It looks a bit like Myriophyllum but doesn't have roots and floats in midwater. Most shops don't stock it for some reason (I think it's regarded as cheapo plant). Maybe Keong Seong at Havelock? But wks and me got it from Teo's (a buck or so for plenty of strands). Or we could probably spare some. They grow like weeds. Heck, they are weeds.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    best to get from Teo, but havelock sometimes have them

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Guys, don't need to waste money. U can get from me FOC. This plant is a weed and given the right growing conditions, u will have to throw tons of it away. Anyone who wants hornwort, just post on this forum.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 1/10/2002 10:25:57 PM

Guys, don't need to waste money. U can get from me FOC. This plant is a weed and given the right growing conditions, u will have to throw tons of it away. Anyone who wants hornwort, just post on this forum.
    ----------------
    Hey,
    I'm interested in the hornwort....Any more available?

thanks!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 1/10/2002 6:51:32 PM

best to get from Teo, but havelock sometimes have them
    ----------------
    What's the chinese name for the plant?

wks,

I would like some. But where do you stay ? If it's too far, then I might as well get from Havelock. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    wks: where do you stay, I'd like some.

I thought I heard someone say that you'll never be able to rid your tank of it...izit true/ hehe

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi guys, thanks for your interest. I stayed at Sembawang. If u still want the hornwort, let me know through my e-mail is [email protected]. I would like to clarify that this BBA battle will not be over in matter of weeks, just like American's war against terrorism. If u want quick results, the best way is to clear every infected thing in the tank and redo the decor.