Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

My cherry shrimps are hanging near the surface

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    my cherries hanging at the surface after i did some water top-up and added a fan, now around 26degrees, anyone know what happen?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    How did you do the water top up? Aged water? When did you add the de-chlorinators? Since water top up is the the only change, then something could be wrong with the water.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Yeah, aged water, added the de-chlorinators few days ago...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Any idea how i can fish out the OTO out of my tank? They are always hiding and when the lights are on, they ran around crazily...causing stress to my shrimps, if one of the shrimps is carrying eggs, i guess it will cause her to drop the eggs...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    Well, seems like there is something in the water that the shrimps don't like. As a precaution, use an air pump to increase the aeration.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Do you have any air-pump for the tank?
    Last time, when i accidently off the air-pump, all the shrimps gather near the surface.
    Andrew

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Usually if the shrimps of any kind hang around the surface, it could only mean the water is turning anaerobic. So it's best to siphon any leftover food or mulm at the bottom of the tank that could lead to either ammonia or nitrate spike coupled with over production of carbon dioxide. Change your water again about 40% at least and add an air stone in provide oxygen. A more extreme measure is to add some zeolite to remove the ammonia or nitrate found in the water.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I'm using fan now, every 2 to 3 days need to top up water, so is water-change still needed? Asking people here who use fan to cool down their tank, the lowest i can get now is around 25.5 to 26, is it still possible for the CRS to breed?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    for me i don't think so cause my CRS are doing fine in my tank and i top up water every 2 to 3 day also as for the breeding part i'am also trying to find out what temperature they can breed in...

(Edit: Please kindly refrain from SMS shortforms as these are really difficult to read. Thanks.)
    Last edited by Quixotic; 7th Dec 2007 at 18:06. Reason: SMS lingo: 'dun', 'wat'