Images
    Country
    Singapore

Cryptocoryne 40 to 50cm

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys need help as to which Crypto is about 40cm to 50cm in height. practically... Plants webby stated my balansae max 2ft

But the C. balansae in my tank grew to an overwhelming 2.5ft in length and to me my tank looked messy... It started out growing very slowly, impatient... I bought 20 stalk from Teo... then the growth rate shot up. This pics was tanken in OCT 2007 try imagine now...

Every one of them hit the water surface and shielded the light. then BBA catch on and infected 50% of the leaves... My driftwood and other plants also got BBA...

Thinking of tearing down everything!

I might be shopping for plants later on... Drop me SMS (93266707) if you have any good Crypto and place to suggest.. THANKS!
    Last edited by limsteel; 20th Dec 2007 at 16:39.
    Baby Steel!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Indonesia
    Dont go nuts just yet over BBA infestation, for it could be battled (which I did evertime and eventually win in just a course of a month or two).

Balansae tends to play dormant for some time when first re-planted. With time left alone and a good substrate it may grow long leaves and fast.

If you are looking for shorter crypt that grow big (40cm), try wendtii. The effect is different from balansae though.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Do note that with more plant mass, water current decreases by alot which would affect CO2 mixing and nutrient availability to plants. You need to either add more current or trim the plants.

Regards,
    Peter Gwee
    Plant Physiology by Taiz and Zeiger