Images
    Country
    Singapore

algae spoted on gravel!!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hi all... im new to planted tanks and i started planting only like 5 days and i found algae on my gravel its on the top gravel next to my elatine and glosso!! may i know what to do next? currently the tank has nothing except plants.. i plan to get some algae eaters... will ottos be able to clear them for me? im kinda worried cause just 5 days only got algae liao... is it serious?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

algae spoted on gravel!!

hi all... im new to planted tanks and i started planting only like 5 days and i found algae on my gravel its on the top gravel next to my elatine and glosso!! may i know what to do next? currently the tank has nothing except plants.. i plan to get some algae eaters... will ottos be able to clear them for me? im kinda worried cause just 5 days only got algae liao... is it serious?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

algae spoted on gravel!!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

algae spoted on gravel!!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    did you add any liquid fertilisers? IN early days, ammonium and nitrates build up quickly as the plants are still not settled in, so best way is to do frequent 30% water changes every 4-5 days. also keep lighting (how much watt per gallon you have) duration not more than 10 hours. You can also put in some ottos (dun feed them!) to clean green spot algae.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    didnt add any liq fertilizer at all.. only got a thick substrate abt 7cm.. lights 2X36W for a 75X37X40cm tank.. abt 12 hours a day kinda low for my tank(2.4W/g) cause nature doesnt have stock for the lights.. and just did a 80% water change after i saw that hahaa... ok i plan to get 10 ottos tomorrow.. is it enough?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Ermmm.... reduce lighting to 8 to 10 hours.

What algae do you have? Algae eaters eat certain algaes only, not all. If it's the hairy or thread like algae. Otos can't help you. If its spot or brown algae, they can. Anyway, it's still good to have a few otos in your tank. Don't buy too many... I find that they starve once there's no algae cos they won't eat fish food. I use about 4 for my 1m tank and 10 for my 6 footer. Don't know if they will eat algae wafer... mine don't.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.