Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Proper way of dosing JBL ferropol....???

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Proper way of dosing JBL ferropol....???

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys! Well..now have some problems with the JBL ferropol again. Recently, I got myself an iron test kit after finding growth of green spot algae to be quite strong after dosing the JBL ferropol according to the instruction printed for several weeks. When I measured the iron level, it shows a value of 0.8!!! Did a 50% water change and the level went down to 0.2. So, do I stop dosing the fert until the level drop or must I continue to dose according to the instruction printed? [] ..By the way, the plants are growing like mad..
    Plant Physiology by Taiz and Zeiger

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi guys! Well..now have some problems with the JBL ferropol again. Recently, I got myself an iron test kit after finding growth of green spot algae to be quite strong after dosing the JBL ferropol according to the instruction printed for several weeks. When I measured the iron level, it shows a value of 0.8!!! Did a 50% water change and the level went down to 0.2. So, do I stop dosing the fert until the level drop or must I continue to dose according to the instruction printed? [] ..By the way, the plants are growing like mad..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    you can continue dosing but at reduced dosage.
    may be 1/4 or 1/2 the recommended dosage.

i dose with sera florena and have a lot of spot algae also.
    thomas liew

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    i was told by the guys here to dose about half of the reccommended dosage...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I was trying to figure out whether I should dose the reduced dosage weekly as indicated or divde it into 7 days instead..any suggestions? How about 1ml per day or more?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    can try 1/2 the recommended dosage.
    divide by 7 and dose daily.
    monitor and adjust accordingly.

i think it is better to dose daily with small amounts than 1 big dose weekly.
    thomas liew

Feedback Score
    i am using ferropol also...same thing,spot algae grows like mad....now i usually dose 1/2 to a 1/4 of normal dosage,depending on algal growth for tt week.i noe its probably the wrong way...but going by agaration for now...

Peter: maybe try daily dosages of reduced amts? and after 1 or 2 hrs of lights on so plants ready to absorb?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Yup, reduce amt of dosing to 1/2 or 1/4

and drop everyday bit by bit, cos Fe in planted tank get oxidised very quicky, rendering it usless to plants.

A bit everyday is the key.
    The key to success is patience. If that fails, screw the guy in front of you!!