Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Why my reply was taken out ??

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi I posted some reply to a few threads few days back....now seems they are gone?? My post count was back to 3 only.

Any idea why they r taken off?? They are not offensive r they?

Mods care to provide some feedback??

thank you
    victor ng

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hello victor,

Any posts containing SMS abbreviation like those you have in the post above will disappear very quickly. So, don't use SMS lingo like r, u, ur, wat, den, dun, thx, thk... you get the idea.

Also, if our system detected continous short posting within a short period of time to hit 10 posts, it will automatically put us on an alert for potential spammer trying to use our marketplace.

All you posts from the day before fits the above 2 conditions.

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    oh I see, I have to use proper english then.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Yes please. We would really appreciate it.

Cheers,

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberplant View Post
    oh I see, I have to use proper english then.
    this place is really strict, I got the same problem a few days ago. End up with fog over my head. I gone through my 3 disappearing posts and thought maybe I was penalised for using "pls".

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Well newtank... We are not like that without a good reason..

Firstly, AQ is an english language forum and as such, we would appreciate english as a medium of communication.

Secondly, we do have quite a fair bit of non English foreigner visiting our forums. If you type in proper English, it will be easier for Google or other internet translators to translate the contents of our forum. Have you tried looking what Google comes back with when you have words like mi, u, den, wat, dunno b4, etc.

Lastly, we do have a lot of students and very young aquarists amongsts our members as well. We would like AQ to be a forum where parents and teachers will not be concerned about if they find their children/students surfing it.

Hence we have a tighter language policy than others, but then again, we don't believe we are asking too much from our English proficient members to spell properly in our forum which we provide as a free resource.

So before you go around speaking negatively about it, think about it. The policy is here for a good reason. Otherwise, why would we even borther, we've got better things to do.

Cheers,

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hey, take it easy , I merely said this forum is strict, is this negative? then my apology for coming across as that.

I think this is of good intend but a note to new forumers like me pertaining to the reason for removing posts would be welcome. Seriously I had no idea what happened when my posts keep disappearing.

Anyway good job for maintaining the discipline, this is a nice site to visit.
    Last edited by vinz; 12th Feb 2008 at 00:17. Reason: Removed quoting of immediately previous post.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Relax. We take any type of feedback well and don't not look at negative comments as anything to frown over. It only shows that members care enough to speak up.

Thanks for your additional comments and we will take that into consideration.

Cheers,

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    AQ is an english language forum
    Yes, i agree totally.
    Cheers,
    http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...c/progress.gif"Ben"http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...c/progress.gif
    Life is all about patience & perseverance,
    Failure is just another new beginning