Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Where's a good place to get Apistos?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Where's a good place to get Apistos?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys, saw a couple of Apistos when i went to Biotope 2 days back. Am thinking of getting a pair. Can anyone recomend a good LFS with selection and reasonably priced please? Or is there any alternative source? Thanks!

Bro Valice, got the diamond neon. Thanks!
    Next project: Converting my 3ft freshwater fish planted tank into a shrimp tank.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Reginald,
    You can get apistos from Biotope, C328 and Neo Kim Suey.
    Richard
    Canon 20D 100mm Macro EF-S 18-55mm EF-S 55-250mm EF-400mm f5.6 Speedlite 550EX 2x420EX ST-E2
    http://www.trident.smugmug.com/

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hi Reginald, biotope have a wide variety of apisto that ranges from s$30-150 a pair.think the shop is well organised and fishes are in good conditions.well, alot of there apistos do spawn even in their small, sponge filtered tank..amazing..got my A.cacatuiodes 'red' from them...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Justikanz; 26th Feb 2008 at 17:31.
    Getting into Fishy Business

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks for the info guys! I went to C328 and got myself 2 A.agassizii females to test if they're ok in my 1 1/2 ft planted tank with some black neon, platy and betta splendens. They've been hiding but guess the water condition must be ok. Perhaps feasting on the malayans... Most likely will go next week to get the male, and will transfer the fighting fish to my 3 ft tank.

Bro Toshika, that's a really nice A.cacatuoides 'red'. Can i ask how much did you pay for it?

Btw, will spawning occur if i mix different species together?
    Last edited by Justikanz; 26th Feb 2008 at 17:31.
    Next project: Converting my 3ft freshwater fish planted tank into a shrimp tank.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Don't you guys know?
    Thio's got "magic water" in the tanks.
    But seriously, they are the only LFS I know that feeds their apisto stock with fresh BBS.
    celticfish
    It is a good day to die!!!
    I finally uploaded an avatar and Cupid is dead!!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    There're 3 reasons to that actually.

1. The air-con that gets the fish into the spawning mood. Better than in a hot and humid environment.

2. The fish are in such a small space with nothing for choice, it just got to take the one right in front! As the dilect saying goes: "no fish, prawn also good".

3. When there is a female swaying her butt at you day and night, there's bound to be some natural primal reaction.

Haha... The above mentioned 3 points are utter rubbish and should not be taken seriously (unless refering to homosapiens).

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    erm, i think A.agassizi are unable to cross bred with A.cacatuiodes, different strains. not too sure about others. but i have A.agassizi and A.cacatuiodes, A.vijieta in my tank.... 4ft though. the male do chase each other.
    Last edited by Justikanz; 26th Feb 2008 at 17:33. Reason: Do try to pen in proper fish names... And take note of the punctuation. Thanks!
    Getting into Fishy Business

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Reginald Ho View Post

1. The air-con that gets the fish into the spawning mood. Better than in a hot and humid environment.

2. The fish are in such a small space with nothing for choice, it just got to take the one right in front! As the dilect saying goes: "no fish, prawn also good".

3. When there is a female swaying her butt at you day and night, there's bound to be some natural primal reaction.

Haha... The above mentioned 3 points are utter rubbish and should not be taken seriously (unless refering to homosapiens).
    Eh? how do you our secret?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Reginald Ho View Post

Reginald,
    I think you have just exposed Thio's secret!!!
    Point 3 is Thio's favorite
    Richard
    Canon 20D 100mm Macro EF-S 18-55mm EF-S 55-250mm EF-400mm f5.6 Speedlite 550EX 2x420EX ST-E2
    http://www.trident.smugmug.com/

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hehe.. no offence ah Thio. Just cracking a lame joke
    Btw, i'll be visiting your shop soon to get a couple of Apisto. Any nice pair to recommend?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    no worries, come over one day, we can talk about it.

regards

thio
    Last edited by Justikanz; 26th Feb 2008 at 17:34. Reason: Removing immediate quotation