Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    HI Guys,

i read this from this website: www.badmanstropicalfish.com/mb/mb103.html

Monday, July 16, 2001 - 07:41 am
    ----------------------------------------------------------Iboy and Jeff,

I went to Petsmart (of all places) and got GOOD ADVICE (on top of the good advice here of course)!!!! Can you believe it?

first the HELPFUL (again can you believe it) lady there told me that the ROSY barb is good at hair, beard and staghorn algae removal without damaging plants. To prove it (as I was a skeptic)She then took several plants from thier stock they just recieved that had algae on them and put them in a tank full of Rosy barbs. THE FISH WENT NUTS and tore into the algae. She said she does this all the time to clean them up.

So at this point I will try anything and bought 4 for my aquarium and 2 for the wifes. And in 3 days I would say 50% of my hair/staghorn algae (and there was allot of it) is GONE!!!! With NO CHEMICALS. I also bought 2 packs of GREEN X (thanks Iboy) so as to remove any phosphates. I hope this does it.

Leassons learned:
    1) Get ottos or SAEs for green and brown algae
    2) Get Rosy Barbs (actually I have the long finned kind and they are BEAUTIFUL) to remove hair/staghorn algae. They love this stuff.
    3) CONTROL phospahtes.

and of course other leassons. Thanks Jeff, Iboy and others...I know I have been a "Algae problem" and hope this is it!

Claude
    So is this very true that Rosy barbs can do this chore? if yes, will get few of them for my tank... guys, please advise

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

ROSY BARBS & ALGAE

HI Guys,

I went to Petsmart (of all places) and got GOOD ADVICE (on top of the good advice here of course)!!!! Can you believe it?

first the HELPFUL (again can you believe it) lady there told me that the ROSY barb is good at hair, beard and staghorn algae removal without damaging plants. To prove it (as I was a skeptic)She then took several plants from thier stock they just recieved that had algae on them and put them in a tank full of Rosy barbs. THE FISH WENT NUTS and tore into the algae. She said she does this all the time to clean them up.

So at this point I will try anything and bought 4 for my aquarium and 2 for the wifes. And in 3 days I would say 50% of my hair/staghorn algae (and there was allot of it) is GONE!!!! With NO CHEMICALS. I also bought 2 packs of GREEN X (thanks Iboy) so as to remove any phosphates. I hope this does it.

Leassons learned:
    2) Get Rosy Barbs (actually I have the long finned kind and they are BEAUTIFUL) to remove hair/staghorn algae. They love this stuff.
    3) CONTROL phospahtes.

and of course other leassons. Thanks Jeff, Iboy and others...I know I have been a "Algae problem" and hope this is it!

Claude
    So is this very true that Rosy barbs can do this chore? if yes, will get few of them for my tank... guys, please advise

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

ROSY BARBS & ALGAE

HI Guys,

Leassons learned:
    3) CONTROL phospahtes.

Claude

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

ROSY BARBS & ALGAE

HI Guys,

Leassons learned:
    3) CONTROL phospahtes.

Claude

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    now that seems good.. wonder if there will be any conflict with the barbs and the shrimps in my tank....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hiz, u mean the petmart at Serangoon Ave 2 or where can i find those rosy barbs that u mention ? I living in Ang Mo Kio. Can rosy barbs tahan in temperature of 29 degree ? And how much do they cost ? Thankz

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 11/9/2002 10:33:44 PM

Hiz, u mean the petmart at Serangoon Ave 2 or where can i find those rosy barbs that u mention ? I living in Ang Mo Kio. Can rosy barbs tahan in temperature of 29 degree ? And how much do they cost ? Thankz
    ----------------
    No, this post is from overseas (US, I think). Different Petsmart.

Rosy barbs are fairly common in LFS, if I'm not wrong.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    rosy barbs are common and they cost less than $2 each. but they get a little bit too big sometimes.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.