Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States

Exclamation Help, Ball Python.

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I have a ball python and he's in a twenty gallon tank. I have two, one hundred watt bulbs, one for the day and one for the night. But every time I put one on one side of the tank gets too hot. Any solutions if there are, Post a thread or E-mal Me.
    Last edited by bee-fin; 8th Mar 2008 at 23:05.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi there, could you perhaps post a picture of your set up to better facilitate better solutions to your current problem. For starters here's a few things on the checklist.

1. Do you have a proper ventilation system for eg: a mini fan or ventilation slots/gaps in your setup?

2. The bulbs you're using are of which type? eg: PL, T5 HO, MH bulbs, etc?

3. For heating purposes i reccommend you have one heat bulb placed at extreme end of the tank and the rest of the tank illuminated by a low wattage bulb ( for viewing purposes ).

If there's proper ventilation system the tank would have one side heated up and the other just slightly higher than normal room temperature.

Regards,
    Phillipe.

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States
    I can't upload pics for you to see cause the site won't take them. Other than this you should really go to my website: www.fishsnake.synthasite.com I made it and I hope u will go to it

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Why don't you lower the wattage of your lamps and place a heating mat below? I'm not too sure if its sold over your site but I used to be able to get it easily in Melbourne. The heating mat could be spread across your tank and may retain heat to about 8hrs. Never use heat rock or basking rock as some would call them. It would retain too much heat and your ball won't realise that its being 'cook alive' till its too late. With a heating mat, the Ball would have some lights off moment. Anyway I don't think its healthy for it to have 24hrs of light...