Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Options for better (Osram compatible) T5 tubes?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Options for better (Osram compatible) T5 tubes?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I am currently using Dymax 4 x 54w T5 fixture for my 422, with 2 x Osram eballasts. Have tried using Dymax (6500K), Hopar (1000k) and Osram (6500k?)tubes, but they are not sufficient to penetrate the 2 feet depth. Any recommendations for other brands of T5s that are compatible with the Osram eballasts? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Is your light set equip with individual tube reflectors?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Anybody know where to get 4ft Osram T5 tube of 6500k and what is their price. . Been looking for them. Thanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by RHX View Post
    Is your light set equip with individual tube reflectors?
    No, the 4 T5s share 1 common reflector. I remember some bros mentioned useing ATI tubes, but I understand ATI is primarily for marine and comes in 10000K.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    @ sunflower
    You can call up NA to ask for the 4ft osram tube. They are the ones i usually go for my lights.

@ ehlim
    If that's the case, upgrading the eballast will not do you any good. The best is to get light fixture with individual reflectors. It will greatly increase the efficiency of the T5 tubes. It does not mean that for ATI lights fixtures, it will have to be used on the marine tank. As long as the tubes are suitable for plants. Any light fixtures will do. The best for plants are 6500k ~ 8000k lights.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by RHX View Post
    @ sunflower
    If that's the case, upgrading the eballast will not do you any good. The best is to get light fixture with individual reflectors. It will greatly increase the efficiency of the T5 tubes.
    Totally agreed. My solite lightset with individual parabolic reflectors is more than twice brighter than my Hopar lightset with a shared reflector ceteris paribus. Regreted not getting another solite set instead.
    Cheers,
    Sean