Country
    Singapore

Unhappy Filter too strong...

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    http://www.petdiscounters.com/c213/D...ters-p531.html

Currently I am using "Dive Clean 200" with 2 cartridges in a 2 by 1 by 1.5 feet tank. I believe the pressure is too strong causing death to my tetras.

Is there are ways to reduce the pressure?

thanks a million

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    try add in more compact filter... like that will increase the static and reduce the output.. or else add a rain bar(not sure if your power filter head can)...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Try positioning the rainbar to flow inwards into the glasswall instead of out, pressure will relieve itself once this happens.

As suggested by jack, you can add more media to your trays to reduce water flow.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by torque6 View Post
    Try positioning the rainbar to flow inwards into the glasswall instead of out, pressure will relieve itself once this happens.

As suggested by jack, you can add more media to your trays to reduce water flow.
    i cant add any more cartridge as my tank is more high enough

will try rain bar...thanks for the advice

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    wah!20 gallons/hr!
    As What above bros said, use more compact filter media and change to a rainbar.
    But did you test the water parameters first? You previously overload with 68 tetra, though you had removed most of them. But you still need to test the parameters to ensure its fine

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by dnsfpl View Post
    i cant add any more cartridge as my tank is more high enough

will try rain bar...thanks for the advice
    you dont have to add more cartridge. Just replace the wool inside the filter with other medias. adjust and reduce the flowrate to the minimum

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by alechim View Post
    you dont have to add more cartridge. Just replace the wool inside the filter with other medias. adjust and reduce the flowrate to the minimum
    i don't think the flow rate for my filter is adjustable. any other medias to recommend for me to put me? my cartridge is kind of small thou.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Attach a diffuser infront of the nozzle head. e.g. Strainer for canister filter.
    Else, something DIY will suffice too. e.g. bottle with groves cut on the side.

Other than that, the obvious solution is to down size the filter.

ck

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by CK Yeo View Post
    Attach a diffuser infront of the nozzle head. e.g. Strainer for canister filter.
    Else, something DIY will suffice too. e.g. bottle with groves cut on the side.

Other than that, the obvious solution is to down size the filter.

ck
    i tried blocking the nozzle head, will it damage the "motor"?

thanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    i don't think the flow rate for my filter is adjustable. any other medias to recommend for me to put me? my cartridge is kind of small thou.
    downsize.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    downsize.
    this filter was recommended by the C328 auntie.
    she told me this is already a relatively weak filter, should be okay for my tetras.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    just curious, why did you conclude having strong pressure will kill your fish?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by lEddyl View Post
    just curious, why did you conclude having strong pressure will kill your fish?
    i notice there are internal blood clotting in the center of their body thus i deduce their death is cause by the strong pressure.

i assumption might be wrong thou

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    this filter was recommended by the C328 auntie.
    she told me this is already a relatively weak filter, should be okay for my tetras.
    200gallon/hr flow rate is alot. your 2ft tank is app 15gallons, taking into considering a guide of x4 it is only 60gallons.hr flowrate. Assumping the filters only produce 1/2 the flowrate, it is still 100gallons/hr. Still alot.

Some times do consider your own opinion. Others might not be right since you should have a clearer picture the size of your tank.

Red clots can be ulcers, it means your fish has baterial infections. Maybe you can post some pictures here so we can deduce whats the problem

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    200gallon/hr flow rate is alot. your 2ft tank is app 15gallons, taking into considering a guide of x4 it is only 60gallons.hr flowrate. Assumping the filters only produce 1/2 the flowrate, it is still 100gallons/hr. Still alot.

Some times do consider your own opinion. Others might not be right since you should have a clearer picture the size of your tank.

Red clots can be ulcers, it means your fish has baterial infections. Maybe you can post some pictures here so we can deduce whats the problem
    at the moment no more dead fish, what can i do if its really bacterial infection?

i did a 15% water change yesterday using 2 days old water treated with anti chlorine.

thanks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    So we are looking at filter too strong or now its leading to bacteria infection as a result of it ?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by torque6 View Post
    So we are looking at filter too strong or now its leading to bacteria infection as a result of it ?
    i really don't know...all are base on assumption
    hope so resolve the issue ASAP

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    You tank is new? Have you ever think of new tank syndrome? If you did not do a planted tank setup well or just a fish only tank, you are going to go into the nitrogen cycle which is why it is affecting your fish. A 200g/hr filter is fine and that are way to distribute the flow out so that it is not a torrent and it will slow down over time as well when it clogs.

Regards,
    Peter Gwee
    Plant Physiology by Taiz and Zeiger

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterGwee View Post
    You tank is new? Have you ever think of new tank syndrome? If you did not do a planted tank setup well or just a fish only tank, you are going to go into the nitrogen cycle which is why it is affecting your fish. A 200g/hr filter is fine and that are way to distribute the flow out so that it is not a torrent and it will slow down over time as well when it clogs.

Regards,
    Peter Gwee
    i did cycle my tank 4 days. used to have surface foam but after i put ammonia stone as filter media, the problem seems to be resolved.

as chinese saying, 一波未平,一波又起

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    It takes about a month or so if you really go into a nitrogen cycle.

Regards,
    Peter Gwee
    Plant Physiology by Taiz and Zeiger