Images
    Country
    Singapore

Some questions about Betta channoides

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Noticed some strange behaviours on my male channoides, hope someone can help.

1. My male channoides seems to have problem swallowing the bloodworm, everytime i see it chewing the worms vigorously and spit it out.

2. It's tail fin clamp together always. ( I think only recently )

Compared to the female, the male is really skinnier and smaller. Now the situation has reversed and it's the female that chased after the male.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i see the same chewing and spitting behaviour with my male, but he always rushes after the food he spits out and eats it up

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Ok. At least now i know it's not abnormal. thanks. Will hatch some bbs and see whether he will eat it.

I have put in a small mirror, hoping to raise some competitive mood for the male. Instead, the female hover near the mirror, admiring herself ? , display her full fin and also stop the male from going near the mirror.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    haha, i've just officially given up on wild bettas...hope yours turn out nice i've released my wild bettas into my 4ft tank and put a pair of t. candidi into the 25cm cube instead

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Bro I had the same problem with my 1st batch so what I did was to have them separated in its own individual tank and keep them there until they are ok and feeding well. And then reintroduce them together again.
    If I have a dollar & you have a dollar & we swap, neither is better off. BUT if I have an idea & you have an idea & we swap we are both richer

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    thanks bro, that's what i'm doing right now. The female was too greedy and horny, will pump up the male before letting them meet.