Thread: I can't find it here...

Feedback Score

I can't find it here...

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all,

I'm sure the information I need is somewhere in this forum, but I can't find it!

Firstly, where is Hong Leong. Anyone with address and contact person/number please post again

Secondly, my marine tank's water parameters are as follows:
    KH= 9 dkh
    NH3= 0.2 mg/l
    NO2= 0.2 mg/l
    NO3= 50
    pH= 8.0

What are your experienced comments and suggestions? What are the safe/optimal levels of each in marine tanks?

I am keeping hardy fish, inverebrates and corals.

Thirdly, I was at Rainbow today and one of the guys recommended an ioniser. Is this necessary/recommended?

Finally, a protein skimmer... I have a 2ft marine tank and protein skimmers are so huge! So they recommended a really huge protein skimmer that is hung on the outside of the tank (something like those trickle filters). It is "Red Sea" brand and is selling there at about $205. Anyone used this before? How good is it? Anywhere selling cheaper?

Thanks for your patience if any of this is repeated.
    -----------------------------
    Clarence Hoe

Feedback Score

I can't find it here...

Hi all,

I'm sure the information I need is somewhere in this forum, but I can't find it!

Firstly, where is Hong Leong. Anyone with address and contact person/number please post again

KH= 9 dkh
    NH3= 0.2 mg/l
    NO2= 0.2 mg/l
    NO3= 50
    pH= 8.0

What are your experienced comments and suggestions? What are the safe/optimal levels of each in marine tanks?

Thirdly, I was at Rainbow today and one of the guys recommended an ioniser. Is this necessary/recommended?

Finally, a protein skimmer... I have a 2ft marine tank and protein skimmers are so huge! So they recommended a really huge protein skimmer that is hung on the outside of the tank (something like those trickle filters). It is "Red Sea" brand and is selling there at about $205. Anyone used this before? How good is it? Anywhere selling cheaper?

Clarence Hoe

Feedback Score

I can't find it here...

Hi all,

KH= 9 dkh
    NH3= 0.2 mg/l
    NO2= 0.2 mg/l
    NO3= 50
    pH= 8.0

Clarence Hoe

Feedback Score

I can't find it here...

Hi all,

KH= 9 dkh
    NH3= 0.2 mg/l
    NO2= 0.2 mg/l
    NO3= 50
    pH= 8.0

Clarence Hoe

Feedback Score
    Hi there,
    I actually answered your question on the location of Hong Leong somewhere here but nevermind...here it is.

----------------
    On 11/18/2002 9:34:23 PM

Hi all,

It's called Marine Life Hobbiest at Hong Leong Gdn Shopping Centr, tel 6777 4047.

KH= 9 dkh
    NH3= 0.2 mg/l
    NO2= 0.2 mg/l
    NO3= 50
    pH= 8.0

I believe your tank is going thru the cycling process, so you NO3 would be high. The rest are within acceptable parameters.

Thirdly, I was at Rainbow today and one of the guys recommended an ioniser (or was it an ozoniser?). Is this necessary/recommended?
    Not neccessary. BTW I wouldn't recommend Rainbow....cut throat and dun have the ample knowledge for marine eventhough they used to sell marine b4.

The Red Sea one is the Prizm model which is a hang on model. There have been mixed reviews on this, personally I have not tried them. I am using ORCA which cost me $18 from Petmart. Works okay for me.

wee siong
    ----------------

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I know Rainbow is cut throat. But its nearby, convenient to go to for a look-see on what's around. [] I knew he was holding on to my throat, about to slice it when he showed me the ioniser... when i said no, he showed me the hanging skimmer.

Anyway, ORCA has very good reviews, but its too big. I hardly have space in my tank for it.
    Clarence Hoe