Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: How to tell bubble count from ceramic diffusor?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

How to tell bubble count from ceramic diffusor?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I noticed previously my bubble count with a reactor with just via a simple tubing was 1 bubble per 2 sec. After installing a ISTA diffusor, how do i tell the bubble count, ive only noticed small bubbles inside the diffusor tubing and they were being pushed slowly up to the ceramic disk. At which point do you start counting them?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi, You need a bubble counter if you want to count the bubble per sec.
    Actually a reactor is a better way of dissolve the co2.
    Best regards
    Mark

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Get a bubble counter

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    reactor quite obstructing for Nano size tanks, i gave up my DIY reactor with cosmetic bottle last week. Tried a dynax atomiser but it was emitting a leaking sound while diffusing co2, damn irritating. Change to Ista mini diffusor today.

Sometimes, would appreciate people not to put false information on the forums indicating that diffusor can be used to count bubbles or highlight that you do not need a bubble counter if you have diffusor and so on.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    There are many types of diffusor out in the market. For some of the diffusor, it is possible to count the bubble while some, it will be difficult, that's why a bubble counter come handy. Anyway, don't get too bothered by the bps but to enjoy the hobby.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    there are a number of diffusers on the market that do come with "bubble counters". The one i most commonly see is the type with a spiral glass tube inside the glass "cup" of the diffuser. furthermore, if you're sharp eyed enough, the bubble that comes out of the glass tube into the glass cup before reaching the ceramic disc can also be counted to act as a rough gauge of bps, though be warned that depending on the size of your co2 tubing/glass tube outlet, you will get different bps counts with the same amount of gas. this is also true with a bubble counter, by the way. as jacian mentioned, don't get too caught up with the bps as it is just a rough and at times inaccurate guide.

don't be so quick to accuse people of posting false information before finding out the whole truth (though i don't know where it was posted that you don't need a bubble counter with a diffuser) some people have wholly different experiences (e.g. the difficulty of growing hairgrass? ) and i believe at the end of the day, people post here and share their experiences to help and not to mislead

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    yeah, i fine with it, though its misleading to post that that generic CR diffusors are able to count bps, which is the reason i indicate that "i would appreciate" if posters can be more specific, it will greatly help.

Illumnae,
    I didnt pinpoint anyone, so that doesnt count as accusation, though i have the following link bookmarked. But that besides the point, ive already managed to get a ANS bubble counter today with just a UP atomiser, so all is good. No worries. 1 bubble per 2 sec for a 9L should be fine. Saving up for a drop checker now.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    cool. all the best with your setup

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Guys,
    Thanks again for all the help.