Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Navy's question for Benny

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I've just received a "warning" from Moderator Benny not to post one liners as it may be considered as spam!
    I've been a member since 2004, I've never posted till now. Since there's always a prompt to invite me to post I thought maybe i shd start now since I'm starting my planted tank. All my posting in these few visits are queries I hv abt planted tanks and straight away i rce a warning fm the moderators. I've come across hundreds of one liner post fm other members like " very nice", "good luck" and "nice setup". My post are questions except for one "cheeky" post in the Helpdesk section.
    I dun mean to cause trouble here but i think Benny shd keep an observation 1st b4 sending me a "gentle reminder" str away. So does it mean I hv to think of more to say b4 i post & if it's a one liner question then i shdn't post?
    Sorry i hv to post here cos i do not hv the pm facility to pm Benny personally.
    Last edited by Navy; 11th Apr 2008 at 14:40.
    Live & Let Live

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    If I could just add my two cents...
    Yes, there are many one liners but having said that the Mods are not here "full time".
    They are here on a voluntary basis and aren't expected to be "there" all the time.
    So basically, they do the work when they "spot" something that is not quite condoned..
    For example, the sms lingo in your post...

You shouldn't feel like you have been "aim'ed".
    Just stay with the "ground rules" or spirit of the forum and all will be well!
    After all, AQ is an international forum and sms/local lingo may not be quite as understandable for our international friends.
    celticfish
    It is a good day to die!!!
    I finally uploaded an avatar and Cupid is dead!!!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Navy,

Thanks for your comments. We are always happy to receive feedback.

Firstly, please read this..

http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...ad.php?t=37164

SMS style language/abbreviation is strongly discouranged here. In fact, in some sub forums, they are deleted without prior notice as stated in the forum header.

Then read post 5 here..

http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...ad.php?t=38522

My PM was just a reminder that accounts with quick and successive one line posts for the sole purpose of quick posts count will be flagged for potential spammer and marketplace abuse.

This is not to be confused with older members giving encouragement to new members with their compliments. They do not do it in quick succession over a very, very short period of time.

Therefore, you are correct in saying that we do encourage members to give due consideration before posting.

Thank you for your kind understanding and helping us to make AQ a better forum. Let's enjoy the hobby together!

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?