Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Eheim Professional Not working optimally?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Eheim Professional Not working optimally?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    After 3 months of using Ehiem Pro 2, I began to see air bubble in both the input and output tube, the sucking power is weak and the water coming out is close to dripping speed,so I decided to clean up the filter. After the washing the filter, the sucking power is very strong,to the extent that water is dripping out of the some of the interconnecting tubing. The water that comes out of the filter is pushing the CO2 diffuser such that its spinning very fast.

However, lately (1 month later) I realised the sucking power seems to have dropped again, the CO2 diffuser doesnt seems to spin that fast anymore.

Is this normal?

Jason

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I am using a Pro II too. Personally, 1 month is about the right time to maintain the canister to clear off clogged sponges.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonchua1982 View Post
    [snipped] After the washing the filter, the sucking power is very strong,to the extent that water is dripping out of the some of the interconnecting tubing.
    Jason
    This is definitely not a good sign. You should tighten those joints.
    - eric

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Jervis View Post
    I am using a Pro II too. Personally, 1 month is about the right time to maintain the canister to clear off clogged sponges.

Hi Jervis,

I was advised by a friend that I can go 6 months or more without changing the filter media, wondered why we need to change so frequently?

Could it be snails clogging up the filter as snails keep finding a way to keep inside through the skimmer.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    it will take a lot of snalis to clog your filter.
    when you clean your filter, to what degree are your filter medias clogged up to?
    are you using a surface skimmer?
    when your see bubble coming out from theoutlet, did you try to rock your filter to purge the air?
    thomas liew

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by tawauboy View Post
    it will take a lot of snalis to clog your filter.
    when you clean your filter, to what degree are your filter medias clogged up to?
    are you using a surface skimmer?
    when your see bubble coming out from theoutlet, did you try to rock your filter to purge the air?

When i clean my filter, the ceramic rings and stones layer looks fine, the sponge layer looks quite dirty, guess most of the dirt are trapped in this top layer.

I am using surface skimmer and will pump the air of the outlet if I see air bubble there, but it does not seems to work as the sucking power is already very weak, after pumping out the bubble, it will reappear after awhile.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    purge the air in your filter. rock it a few times or switch it off for a short while and restart. adjust the skimmer so that air is not getting into your filter. or remove it for a few days.
    get your filter back to normal flow and observe. it should be air that is causing your problems.
    thomas liew

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Check if any part of the rubber hose is being folded... mine did and it took me a few days to discover

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    If you suspect that there is air in the filter but you are very sure that the surface skimmer is not the culprit, then there is a leak at 1 of your joints. It suck in small amount of air but as time pass the air bubble will grow somewhere in the canister.

What to check-

1) Ensure that all your hose end are cut flat instead of having jagged end hose. If you have these jagged edge hose ends, this might be the culprit. Remove the hose from the joint and re-cut it squarely flat.

2) Your hose are not inserted fully into the joint. Certain portion of the hose end is not seated properly and is sucking air in.

Hope this helps!
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I learned this from the service guy at QianHu.It could be causd by a faulty prime thingy causing the air to 'capture' when you're primming the water. Why not send it down for them to have a look at it.