Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

New Planted Nano Tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi everyone. I saw someone's cherry shrimp tank and i love it. So i decide to start my own.

Currently i have a really small nano tank 18 * 20* 20 cm tank. (bought from NA) i'm using the hang on filter and default lightings and placed a cooler over it. My tank has 1 nana on a piece of wood, some moss tied on a metal mesh and a moss ball.

My tank also consist of 4 tetras, 2 small silver fish(not sure of ID) and 6 Cherry shrimps. I'm intending to buy 4 more cherrys and 1 snail or oto(algae cleaners) and probably some hardy moss. Will this cause a high bioload?

lastly any recommendations for the moss? I hoped to make the ground like a grass field. i do not have CO2 but i dose Excel and Flourish. Thank you for your suggestions.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hey, why not post a picture of your tank?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    yo boss, please take a look as attached. Thank you for any input
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Looks real cute I guess no harm trying Cherry Shrimp as they are one of the hardier shrimps. Just try to resist the temptation of introducing CRS.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    anyway there are already 6 of them in it. just wondering if it is too much if i add another 4 and probably an oto or snail.

more plants won't hurt too, will it?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Adding 4 more shrimps ok but really is there anymore space for more plants?
    WaterH2O
    <Fish are Friends, not food>

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    was thinking of making the whole floor green. hehe

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Why not more mesh with moss like java?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Guys, appreciate the enthusiasm but i dont think overstocking 4 tetras, 2 small silver fish and 10 cherries in a 8L tank is suitable, much less an uncycled tank. There are basic things to consider before setting up a new tank and there is no shortcut to keeping shrimps/fishes safely and with success.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi torque6, i've been running the tank for about 3 weeks.the reason for stocking more shrimps because the tank feels empty. I've also been dosing excel and flourish sparingly each day(about 1/4 cap of the excel bottle) is it ok? Thank you everyone for their input!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hey, small and cute . noticed that you're using mr aqua fan? how' it? does it take up lots of space?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by My_Cookies View Post
    Hi torque6, i've been running the tank for about 3 weeks.the reason for stocking more shrimps because the tank feels empty. I've also been dosing excel and flourish sparingly each day(about 1/4 cap of the excel bottle) is it ok? Thank you everyone for their input!
    the reason for stocking the tank is to keep fish/shrimps safely with a good biofilter. cycling 3 weeks and overstocking your tank will result in another an empty tank in the near future. But its up to you.

Peter is right, when you talk some sense, no one listens.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by ongtw View Post
    hey, small and cute . noticed that you're using mr aqua fan? how' it? does it take up lots of space?
    The fan is quiet but the hinges attached to the glass are plastic. seems fragile but still stable and it keeps my tank at low temperature, Fan is quite strong too.

Quote Originally Posted by torque6 View Post
    the reason for stocking the tank is to keep fish/shrimps safely with a good biofilter. cycling 3 weeks and overstocking your tank will result in another an empty tank in the near future. But its up to you.

Peter is right, when you talk some sense, no one listens.
    Not to defy or go against any advise from the seniors, but trying to ask some questions as i'm not so experience. Anyway i will post my tank status now and then. Looks fine at the moment(hope will be in the future) . Cheers!
    Last edited by Wackytpt; 13th May 2008 at 12:47.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    try to put in more plant first before loading more fish
    My HighLand Terrarium, planting carnivorous plants and orchids

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Nice setup. Do you need to add any fertilizer?
    Live & Let Live

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    i add a little seachem flourish and excel. but the quantitiy is like a few drops. haha it helps to bubble my plants a little

my tank has some shrimlets. Good no need to buy extra shrimps. haha. any tips on how to care for shrimplets?
    Last edited by Wackytpt; 13th May 2008 at 12:48.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia
    Try to add java/christmas moss. Shrimps like to hide among the moss. But please make sure your tank temperature around 25-27 degrees.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Add a prefilter to your hang-on filter to prevent shrimplets from getting sucked into the filter. I had some casualties in my CRS tank due to the filter.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Thank You everyone for their replies. I've changed the fuana to 5 really small fishes, 2 cherry shirmps with some shrimplets, 1 nitrite snail and 1 oto.

No problems with the fishes and shrimps but what does oto and snails eat after they cleaned up all the algae in my tank? and is my tank overcrowded? it seems to have more space than the photo i posted last time.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    i have a 20x20x20 and only house 4 boraras B. with 2 nerites. Though i feel my tank is abit overcrowded.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast