Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States

Question question about fish

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    i have a tank with 3 real plants, and three fake ones, so basically a begginers tank... well anyway, i have one female Siamese Fighting Fish, 2 zebra danios, a lemon tetra, harliquin tetra, an amber tetra and an amino shrimp, and almost forgot about my male guppy. they all co-exist very well and they all seem very happy and healthy. now time for the real question...i want to get an opaline gourami, and a few other fish, but i dont know what would co-exist it's a question that is driving me crazy so i was hoping you guys could shed a little light on this.
    Last edited by fish_person51423; 28th Apr 2008 at 22:36.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi,
    how big is your tank?

Cheers!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    Looking at your current stock, I would suggest to forget the gourami (and a few other fishes) totally.

I see that you only have one or two fishes for each type cyprinids or tetras. These are schooling fishes usually kept in groups. If you kept them in much lesser quantity, they tend not to do as well, which can result in illness and such.

Therefore, I would suggest to consider adding more numbers of the schooling fishes (but that would be subject to the size of your tank). They would appreciate the larger numbers very much.

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States
    my tank is a 10 gallon, and i think i might just lose my female betta to dropsy so, you know

Feedback Score
    Country
    England
    A tank of this size should realisticly keep roughly 9 inch of tropical fish body length in total. And even thats stretching it slightly (actually 8.2 inches) So i suggest maybe rethinking what you keep in the tank. Say have a few tetras of one species and possbily one or two shrimp. Depending on what your after. But the fish you have currently are surely going to reach the 9inch mark.

Certianly any more fish will technically make your tank 'overstocked'.

If you wish to have opaline gouramis i suggest investing in a bigger tank capeable of containing more fishes =) My opaline gouramis are currently at 3inch (female at 1.5inch) and they currently boss my tetras around, mainly due to them actively spawning.

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States
    well, i just lost my female betta, so thwanks for all the help