Images
    Country
    Singapore

Algae problem

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Anyone knows how to clear the green algae spots on plants and wall surface?or any way to prevent the outbreak?tks in advance.
    Getting into Fishy Business

Feedback Score
    Country
    England
    As for the algae on tank wall, repeatedly scraping the glass with a cleanser of sorts. Preventing algae i find an ammonia filter sack placed in my filter media helps cycle whatever it is in the water that algae blooms on. I have it in a stocking with a knot in the end within the filter which allows water to pass through and i've noticed a distinct drop in algae levels over last 12 months. Requires replacing every 6-8 months. Certainly cleared up my thread algae.

Other thing s to concider are is your tank placed infront of direct sunlight or not? Do you use straight tap water or do you let it distill over night or two? I fill a bucket with water about 48 hours before i do a water change and leave it under my bed during. Algae blooms have since been reduced and tank is thread algae clear =)

Hope this helps.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I have a 520L tank and running on MH light...algae bloom to me like a monthly business. Go for the change water solution a bit painful, so I normally go for the easy way out.

Black-out for 2-3days then switch on for 4hrs then off 2hrs then on 4hrs. Then black out again 2-3days. This method works for me from Hard Algae to Green Algae to Matt hair algae.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Water parameters, size of tank, stock of fishes etc...

Feedback Score
    Country
    England
    If you try kt89's technique use a plug in timer so you can adjust when its off and when its on without being there. Unless your young and are blessed with the freedom of no or little work.