Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Setting up outdoor Fibre-glass tank (FGT)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Setting up outdoor Fibre-glass tank (FGT)

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    can anyone recommend a good shop that sell FGT or who can advise on how to set one up ? I am thinking of setting up a FGT outside my dad's house, it has direct sunlight with no shelter.

I am inexperience in this matter, and is concern with the super high temperature (usually reaching around 34 to 35 degree these days)

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Mainland at Pasir Ris have plenty of fibre glass tanks for sale, can custom according to your needs as well.

You're rightly concerned about the heat, what size tank are you looking at? Larger volume will compensate the heat to a certain degree. That's one thing to consider.

Can some shade be provided? Any trees? If not, think about what kind of plants you want to keep in the FGT, get floating plants or plants which will reach the surface (like water lilies) which can help to provide shade for your fishes.

Another consideration is how would you power your filter? Do you already have a weather proof power point outdoor?

Cheers
    - eric

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    great points!

I definitely do not have shades for it. I will also have to find a way to waterproof the power extension.

tks!
    Quote Originally Posted by bossteck View Post
    Mainland at Pasir Ris have plenty of fibre glass tanks for sale, can custom according to your needs as well.

You're rightly concerned about the heat, what size tank are you looking at? Larger volume will compensate the heat to a certain degree. That's one thing to consider.

Can some shade be provided? Any trees? If not, think about what kind of plants you want to keep in the FGT, get floating plants or plants which will reach the surface (like water lilies) which can help to provide shade for your fishes.

Another consideration is how would you power your filter? Do you already have a weather proof power point outdoor?

Cheers

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Mainland at pasir ris is very expensive

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by magic4lifez View Post
    Mainland at pasir ris is very expensive
    Oh is it? That's the only place I know which have a good selection and able to custom according to your needs. Where else do you suggest?
    - eric