Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States

Filter questions

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi, new here and to fish, thanks for the excellant information, pictures and tanks i see. Very inspiring, have kept reptiles for many years and love doing natural enclosures. As of now i have a 20gal, L 60cm x D 30cm x H 40cm with a in tank 3stage filter/pump rated at gph 340/L 90.

My question is are the canistor type filters adjustable for flow rate and what is the benifit of them over say, a back of tank power head, hang on filter sort of system? Other then cost, surface area of filtration media, GPH filter rate, maintainance?

Provided i get a canister filter type, which are compatable with the lily pipes? Or which would be advisable to get? Does a canistor allow one to house more fish then the 1" of fish, per gallon rule? Thanks much sorry for the basic question but have been cramming as much information as possible. Such as fish specises compatability, water quality concerns, lighting, price comparing and so on.
    Last edited by Wackytpt; 26th May 2008 at 12:16. Reason: spelling

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Yes, you can actually adjust the out/in flow of the canister via valves, as to lessen the flow only. There's no way to increase the maximum outflow as stated within their specification.

As for the 1 fish/gallon, actually very much depend on the size of fauna.

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States
    Thanks, i understand the maximum flow rate is set as is. The reason i ask is, if i went that route, probably will, i'd purchase the next size or 2 up.That way i have the option of ungrading to a larger tank in the fututre. Can you answer why i'd want to get a canister over a hang on power head/filter set up? What are the pros or cons if any.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi, there are some discussion in the following thread.

http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...anister+filter

Regards
    Hoto