1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Downgrading illumax 1FT 24w -> 18w

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Prior to setting up a tank for 1FT, have been advise by numerous bros here that 24w could possibily be too much lights for a 1ft > 4-5wpg even though the general rule of thumb does not apply to some extend. However, to play it safe, i decided to hunt for a lower 18w light.

The osram dulux L 18w/865 lumilux cool daylight 2G11 1150lm comes courtesy from Chan, NA. The 4 pin fits perfectly to the illumax. While changing the light, Ive notice the quality and finishing on illumax was very good, super slick. Even the reflector looks solid. The mounts/stands fitted properly with the option to reverse the bulky screws on the outside instead of having it fitted internally. The adjustments were also precise and the quality of the stands durable. Taking apart the stands and fitting it on the back was however tricky, but all parts fits absolute perfectly.

To match my previous light set, sun/aka magnum II vs this, there's simplier no comparison. What a great buy. Its seriously worth it !

Appreciate some great advise from Ben, mizuworld as he replied my mails promptly and pointed me in the correct direction for the downgrade. The 2 Aunties from eastocean/keong siong; tiong bahru were extremely helpful in letting me try out the light set and I really went home happy !

Many thanks.

For the rest, i have uploaded some pics, hope you guys enjoy.
    ps. pic abit small due to camera phone

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    They look slick. I was considering of getting one but is the ballast rated at 24 or 18 watts?

To my understanding, using a lower watts tube on a higher watts ballast would cause the tubes to burn out a lot faster.
    Last edited by vurbul; 4th Jun 2008 at 00:04.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    that im not sure. but it comes with a 24w light. Will see how long the 18w last.