Thread: hairgrass

Feedback Score

hairgrass

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all,

Need some advice and tips how to have a more successful growth of my hairgrass. I have setup my 2 feet tank for about 2 months and the hairgrass is growing very slowly. My Elatine triandra is doing very well but the hairgrass seemed to be stunted. And recently there are quite a few hairgrass (with roots) found at the protein skimmer and I wonder who's the culprit ( I suspect is the yamato).

Should I take out all and replant again??? My glosso is also spreading but also very slow, somemore have green spot algea on the leaves, but the problem is how to trim as it only have 2 leaves???

Dino

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi dino, when u got the HG, was it emerse or submerse? wat I did previously was to trim the HG after planting, it helps the plant to propagate faster... as for those u found at yr filter inlet, as long as u have invertbrates, corys or any bottom feeder, u bound to get some dislodge from the gravel.. jus simply replant them

Feedback Score
    ----------------
    On 1/16/2002 3:14:18 PM

Hi dino, when u got the HG, was it emerse or submerse? wat I did previously was to trim the HG after planting, it helps the plant to propagate faster... as for those u found at yr filter inlet, as long as u have invertbrates, corys or any bottom feeder, u bound to get some dislodge from the gravel.. jus simply replant them
    ----------------
    Hi Simon,
    I got those HG from Ah Pek in emerse form. May I know how short should I trim the HG till and how frequent do you trim your HG.
    Have tried to replant those dislodge HG, but very difficult leh.. the grass is even less than 1 cm..

Dino

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i trim leaving abt 2cm left...

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States

Re: hairgrass

Does anyone know how to control or kill beard algea ? It is starting in my new 90 gallon tank. The last time I had in a 30 gallon tank it became a real pest and uncontrollable in a short time. ANY HELP OUT THERE FOR THIS ? Thanks in advance.

Tom,

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

This happen to my tank also the last time. I also need help on this.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

My HG used to be slow growers too. I have moderate lighting, CO2 but it was only after I dosed macros regularly then they started to spread.