Country
    Singapore

Space Aquarium

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Check this out Spacearium.

Tank hung from ceiling. See the description section on how it works (water flow)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    interesting design
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    nice. but i fear for the worst if the mounting rail give way.
    from flying planes, to planting underwater plants

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I don't understand how the overflow can work if you place your filtration system above the tank... Unless they are using canisters for above filtration.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    If you observe the photos in the gallery, those people who set up this system at home end up placing a cabinet underneath the hanging aquarium... especially the one with the towel underneath it, which kind of defeats the purpose
    Bern still suck at Water Chemistry + Plant Names

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Jervis View Post
    I don't understand how the overflow can work if you place your filtration system above the tank... Unless they are using canisters for above filtration.
    Check the description, they have demo of how the flow works. I believed they are using those pump that suck the water out and pump it in.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! TIME TO LAY BACK AND RELAX!
    A Journey Of A Thousand Miles Begins With A Single Step

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnz View Post
    If you observe the photos in the gallery, those people who set up this system at home end up placing a cabinet underneath the hanging aquarium... especially the one with the towel underneath it, which kind of defeats the purpose
    I don't think the towel is there for drips. It is a runner. If you look at another photo of the same location, there is an identical runner on the dining table.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by fisherw View Post
    I don't think the towel is there for drips. It is a runner. If you look at another photo of the same location, there is an identical runner on the dining table.
    Oh, the issue is not with the drips. I was pointing out what they were doing with the space underneath the suspended fish tank.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Oh, the issue is not with the drips. I was pointing out what they were doing with the space underneath the suspended fish tank.
    To prevent anyone or kids running around and hit the tank causing it to swing. . As the hanging bar is also a connection hoses.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    one day, it will eventually give way. and maintainence is such a chore. Why live in fear and hardship to have just that look?

but of course everybody got different opinions lah. but i personally won't put my house and myself in jeopardy. i think insurance isn't enough to cover for all the loss.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Using the space beneath it would make sense. For instance, projectors mounted on the ceiling, etc.

Problem is if it is high enough to avoid heads knocking into it, it would be too high to view. Any lower, kids might run into it. So you would need to have something solid to prevent it like blue33 is suggesting.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Is more suitable for shop or display purpose or for "TaiTai" to show show. Is like LV bag for some woman!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by blue33 View Post
    Is more suitable for shop or display purpose or for "TaiTai" to show show. Is like LV bag for some woman!
    haha. LV bag have no danger, this one has

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by fisherw View Post
    Using the space beneath it would make sense. For instance, projectors mounted on the ceiling, etc.

Problem is if it is high enough to avoid heads knocking into it, it would be too high to view. Any lower, kids might run into it. So you would need to have something solid to prevent it like blue33 is suggesting.
    Yes i agree thats a very valid problem with installing this at home. So what i was suggesting is that if we would put a cabinet beneath the mounted aquarium in a low celing space like in a typical apartment, we might as well use a conventional aquarium with cabinet?
    Last edited by Burnz; 27th Jun 2008 at 17:33.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I can see one of the functions of this type of aquarium is to use it as a form of partition at home where space is a constraint.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I would say this concept is targetting the corporate & not hobbyist like me .
    Cheers,
    U.K.Lau

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by blue33 View Post
    Check the description, they have demo of how the flow works. I believed they are using those pump that suck the water out and pump it in.
    I think the only possible way is to have those large tubs function exactly like a canister (pressurized)... in other words... pump that suck water out and pump it in. Have not seen such large scale in-line (2) canisters before

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Actually this kinda product is not targeted to serious hobbyist like us... it's more for interior designers and architects to include into their design to impress their multi-million dollars clients who know nothing about keeping fishes/plants/corals. And yes... when you are that rich... why not