Looks like molly.

Hi,
Saw this in a farm, need your help to ID it.
Sorry, the picture is not so well taken.
Thanks.
![]()
******
Richard
******
Canon 20D 100mm Macro EF-S 18-55mm EF-S 55-250mm EF-400mm f5.6 Speedlite 550EX 2x420EX ST-E2
http://www.trident.smugmug.com/

Looks like molly.
God will make a way, where there seems to be no way

more precisely, some selectively bred molly that shows colours not present in nature.
why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

I see. Hehe was about to say that it's probably a wild molly looking colourless as compared to those coloured variants.
God will make a way, where there seems to be no way

why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Thanks, I thought it's a strange looking molly, haven't seen a variant like this before, blue in color.
Do you think it will sell?
******
Richard
******
Canon 20D 100mm Macro EF-S 18-55mm EF-S 55-250mm EF-400mm f5.6 Speedlite 550EX 2x420EX ST-E2
http://www.trident.smugmug.com/



Wow! For a brief moment, I thought that the Peru characin recently
put up by apistoworld (hk) was available locally
http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...ad.php?t=42793
Guessed I was blinded by the blue sheen which is so similar.![]()

this is a female btw.
even harlequin rasbora they managed to make blue/black varieties. truly abominable in my books.
why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Look more Platy than Molly to me ...![]()





Agree, this is a short body female platy.
quite unique color with blue sheen.
Mostly they are red color.
Which farm you seen this fish? Is it expensive?
¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
Understand that friends come and go,
but with a precious few you can hold on.
¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

******
Richard
******
Canon 20D 100mm Macro EF-S 18-55mm EF-S 55-250mm EF-400mm f5.6 Speedlite 550EX 2x420EX ST-E2
http://www.trident.smugmug.com/

Bookmarks