Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Where to find Osram T5HO light tubes?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Where to find Osram T5HO light tubes?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    As above. Looking for 2x 39W Daylight tubes, wonder do Osram tubes have 39W.
    Zack

Planted tank: Melanotaenia Lacustris, Melanotaenia Parkinsoni, Melanotaenia Praecox,
    Glossolepis Incisus, Melanotaenia Maccullochi, Melanotaenia Boesemani, Iriatherina Werneri, Barilius Canarensis

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    NA should have this in stock.
    Cheers,
    U.K.Lau

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    What is the benefit of using an Osram T5? Why not one from an LFS?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Just called, very sad to say NA only have standard 16W and 24W for 2ft. Higher watt will have to be 3ft or so.
    Zack

Planted tank: Melanotaenia Lacustris, Melanotaenia Parkinsoni, Melanotaenia Praecox,
    Glossolepis Incisus, Melanotaenia Maccullochi, Melanotaenia Boesemani, Iriatherina Werneri, Barilius Canarensis

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    For T5HO tubes, 39W ones are 3 feet tubes.
    Cheers,
    U.K.Lau

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Do update... I will be needing 3 Osram 54W (4ft) soon

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by ivanlo24 View Post
    What is the benefit of using an Osram T5? Why not one from an LFS?
    Osram is just a brand... Philips is a good brand too alongside others.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Any1 knows if the Arcadia T5HO tube worth the price over an Osram (i can buy 3 osram for 1 arcadia)?

Thx

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by SmallFish View Post
    Any1 knows if the Arcadia T5HO tube worth the price over an Osram (i can buy 3 osram for 1 arcadia)?

Thx
    DEFINATELY!

I have both Arcadia & Osram. The same plant, under different tube (same water parameters) grows differently . No joke.
    Cheers,
    U.K.Lau

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by uklau View Post
    DEFINATELY!

I have both Arcadia & Osram. The same plant, under different tube (same water parameters) grows differently . No joke.
    So you're saying an Arcadia 24W as compared to an Osram 24W, Arcadia produces brighter light and better penetration?
    Zack

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenislev View Post
    So you're saying an Arcadia 24W as compared to an Osram 24W, Arcadia produces brighter light and better penetration?
    I believe it's more about the spectrum produced by such tube. The Osram wasn't produced initially to grow plants but it was found to be ideal for use in the planted tank scene earlier and it got picked up as the main stay bulb in the hobby. But the Arcadia are speciality tube that are produced for the planted scene but wasn't used as a main stay appliance as the cost of purchasing them is too obstructive for the beginner to add them into their budget.

But the most important thing to note is that you will need to replace them before they even goes out. In the marine hobby, it is well known that a branded T5 will lose their intensity after 6 months and is good till the 9 month mark. Even though the light emitted by these tube look similar as when you've bought them, testing their intensity under a spectrum measurement instrument will tell that the tube has lost it's original spectrum and is degrading. Once that happens, the things you'll want to grow start to slow down and the stuff that you do not want to have in the tank start to appear as they are able to live with the spectrum that the bulb are now producing.

Sorry for the lengthy explanation but you need to know this. Hope this helps!
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    I believe it's more about the spectrum produced by such tube. The Osram wasn't produced initially to grow plants but it was found to be ideal for use in the planted tank scene earlier and it got picked up as the main stay bulb in the hobby. But the Arcadia are speciality tube that are produced for the planted scene but wasn't used as a main stay appliance as the cost of purchasing them is too obstructive for the beginner to add them into their budget.

But the most important thing to note is that you will need to replace them before they even goes out. In the marine hobby, it is well known that a branded T5 will lose their intensity after 6 months and is good till the 9 month mark. Even though the light emitted by these tube look similar as when you've bought them, testing their intensity under a spectrum measurement instrument will tell that the tube has lost it's original spectrum and is degrading. Once that happens, the things you'll want to grow start to slow down and the stuff that you do not want to have in the tank start to appear as they are able to live with the spectrum that the bulb are now producing.

Sorry for the lengthy explanation but you need to know this. Hope this helps!
    Thats alot of help man. Thanks for the post, im sure alot of people wants to know about this too.
    Zack