Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Help - how to use liquid CO2 in a bottle.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Help - how to use liquid CO2 in a bottle.

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Anyone knows how to use the above?

Its the only brand that sells in most LFS.
    Small plastic bottle that you can stick (upside down) to the glass of the fish tank.

The instructions are in japanese, and i forgot to ask the uncle how to use it. Anyone knows how long to leave it in and whether its ok to leave it in even when lights are turned off?

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    *glup! glup!*

I think this will be expensive in the long run. Why don't u DIY CO2 yourself or consider getting a CO2 set. It's more economical.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I think:

the plastic bottle goes upside down. the co2 can with the pipe is used to fill the plastic bottle with co2:

kind of like an upside down glass with co2 , when the co2 totally dissolves, the glass will be filled with water.

Feedback Score
    I wouldn't bother trying it, I used it before and it only wasted my $18. DIY better.

Feedback Score
    An acceptable alternative to CO2 is a product from SeaChem called "Flourish - Excel." However, it only gives about 1/3 the "kick" that actual CO2 will, and if your tank is a large one, it's probably not economical. I've heard that anything larger than 30 gallons with strong lighting would benefit most with a full CO2 injection set-up. The initial investment might seem like a lot, but apparently, a tank can easily last a whole year, and it's only a few dollars (U.S.) for a refill. In the end, it's the cheapest and best method. If the tank is smaller than 30 gallons (~120L?), DIY yeast method can work, or you can try the Excel if the lighting is moderate to low. Again, a full CO2 injection set-up can work for smaller tanks, but I wouldn't bother.

I've never tried "CO2 Liquid" but it seems pretty expensive, when you can make your own CO2 for the cost of a little sugar and a bit of yeast. They sell the ampoules (CO2 Liquid) over here, but I've never heard any spectacular results from its use. If you end up feeling like it was a waste of money, try the above alternatives.

-gnome