Thread: Eheim 2226 & 2028 leaking

Feedback Score

Eheim 2226 & 2028 leaking

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hello forummers.
    I have a 2226 & a 2028, both about 2-3 years old. Recently, I noticed that whenever I stopped the pumps for maintenance, water start to leak out from the joint between the pump head & media housing. Check the o-ring seal and they look OK to me, without any physical damage. Luckily, the leak stopped completely when the filters are put in service.
    Are there any bros out there who shared my experience ? Will changing a new o-ring seal solve the leaking problem or is it due to some other factors ? How much does one o-ring seal roughly cost from N.A or C328 ? Any help from any kind soul is deeply appreciated.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Human eyes can't see any small damage in the o-ring, it look ok but if the o-ring loosen a bit it also cause leaking. The theory work the same for belt in most motor engine.

I bought o-ring for 2028 at Y618 around $22++ 2 years ago, they have a lot spare part but please call to check availability before you went down.
    Last edited by hii; 28th Jul 2008 at 17:47.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Boesman View Post
    Hello forummers.
    I have a 2226 & a 2028, both about 2-3 years old. Recently, I noticed that whenever I stopped the pumps for maintenance, water start to leak out from the joint between the pump head & media housing. Check the o-ring seal and they look OK to me, without any physical damage. Luckily, the leak stopped completely when the filters are put in service.
    Are there any bros out there who shared my experience ? Will changing a new o-ring seal solve the leaking problem or is it due to some other factors ? How much does one o-ring seal roughly cost from N.A or C328 ? Any help from any kind soul is deeply appreciated.
    http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...ad.php?t=42379

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! TIME TO LAY BACK AND RELAX!
    A Journey Of A Thousand Miles Begins With A Single Step

Feedback Score

Thanks

Hello Hii.
    Thanks for your fast response. Indeed, I am now quite sure it is due to the o-ring after going through some of the old threads. Will get them asap and feedback here. Thanks.

Feedback Score

Thanks

Hi Blue33.
    Guess it is wear & tear after 2 years.
    Replacement time before the big flood.
    Thanks & Regards.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Hello forummers.
    I got a leaky 2028 also. The o-ring looks fine but it is not. Guess what..I paid 25 bucks to buy a brand new one and viola..the leaking problem began a thing of the past. Anyhow, the old o ring...looks bad when I took it out, it seems very dried and have edges all over it...and that's the reason for the leak...otherwise the filter is running okay..

On another note, I have a 2213 that I have been using since 1999 and guess what it is still going strong...testimony of the quality of eheim.
    Check out Wynx' Blog
    Check out Wynx' Gallery
    When fate hands you a lemon, make lemonade.
    Dale Carnegie
    "Who cannot love Her smallest things cannot stand in front of Nature" 隆あまの 

Feedback Score
    Guess this is how reputable company make $$ in this present time. If they were to make long long lasting equipment & parts, then how to make $$. It seems like it is similiar to those reputable hi tech companies out there, once time is up, you gotta change the parts at a cost in order for them to generate some $$. Guess we gotta live with it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Guess this is how reputable company make $$ in this present time. If they were to make long long lasting equipment & parts, then how to make $$. It seems like it is similiar to those reputable hi tech companies out there, once time is up, you gotta change the parts at a cost in order for them to generate some $$. Guess we gotta live with it.
    Well, if things are so good that it doesn't break...then ehiem how to generate new sales, etc. I would like to think that they actually design/engineer things to fail...so that part/accessories sales can add up..

But personally, I would go for Ehiem unless I can get those slick ADA filters....
    Check out Wynx' Blog
    Check out Wynx' Gallery
    When fate hands you a lemon, make lemonade.
    Dale Carnegie
    "Who cannot love Her smallest things cannot stand in front of Nature" 隆あまの