Feedback Score
    Country
    England

Question Is this an ideal upgrade?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Some may be aware i've got a Juwel Rio 180 tank up and running. Its recently become more of an aquascaping 'disaster' rather than a project. Those who followed the thread before even i gave in with it due to severe lack of anything good to show (haha) will know this possibly.

So i've narrowed part of my problem down to my lighting. I currently have an Arcadia light unit (my Juwel broke 3 times in 5 months so LFS "gave" me this one), that fits my 100cm Rio 180. Currently housing x2 30W T8 bulbs. Obviously in a 180 litre planted aquarium this is quite short of adequate lighting to grow some of the high light requirment plants - yes?

So i'm thinking of upgrading (buying) this.

http://www.juwel-aquarium.de/en/high...69.htm?cat=653

For those who are to lazy to click on that and have a brief scan. It's the latest light called "high-lite" light set. Daft i think, but anyway. It houses x2 45W 895mm T5 bulbs.

I'm seriously concidering buying this, as a total wattage of 90W of T5 sounds alot better than the standard 60W T8 which i've been using these last 3 years.

Really appreciate some input from people that can advise me not so much if its a good buy (anything for me right now thats an improvement is looking worthwhile), more so the fact of is it a big enough upgrade, or should i be looking for something that houses maybe one more T5 bulbs, or whatnot.
    Verminator

Aquatic fanatic and keen learner of aquascaping

The canvas is what you make it...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Yes the HIGH-LITE is an upgraded version of their previous fluorescent tubes. With added reflector, 90W worth of High-Lite T5 will be considered a significant upgrade (compared to 60W T. I'll go for it

Feedback Score
    Country
    England
    My only issue with it is the fact it sits snug ontop of the tank. Doesnt stand on legs like my current light-set or others i know of. I just recall how many times i had issues with my last one that's all.

Although i'm tempted to go through with the purchase though. I simply need a new light unit to promote better growth in my plants.
    Verminator

Aquatic fanatic and keen learner of aquascaping

The canvas is what you make it...