3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Will uv light effect fert?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Is it advisable to use UV light in planted tank?
    Will UV light effect the fert?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    In my experience , no it does not affect fert nutrients in the water. At least it has no visible effects. Plants still grow as if like before I put my Uv with dosing ferts and nutrients. Putting Uv is a response to combating green water, which means there is an excess of nutrients in the tank. In my opinion Uv is not needed if you can not go into excess of nutrients by dosing conservatively. If you need Uv to get rid of green water (if you don't have it then you don't need it) you should take a look of reducing your dosing and/or planting more.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaria One View Post
    In my experience , no it does not affect fert nutrients in the water. At least it has no visible effects. Plants still grow as if like before I put my Uv with dosing ferts and nutrients. Putting Uv is a response to combating green water, which means there is an excess of nutrients in the tank. In my opinion Uv is not needed if you can not go into excess of nutrients by dosing conservatively. If you need Uv to get rid of green water (if you don't have it then you don't need it) you should take a look of reducing your dosing and/or planting more.

I'm going to use the uv as water Sterilizer, not combat green water.
    Thanks,