Thread: hello any betta lovers ?

Feedback Score

hello any betta lovers ?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hello everybody !
    i just joined this great forum and just wondering if there are any betta lovers here?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    saw some beautiful wild bettas in one of our members shop... very nice... kinda thinking of getting a pair// but wonder how it will react to my apistogramma

Feedback Score
    read this

there is a betta show in sg soon ....

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I prefer the wild from the hybrid, though everyone must agree, the hybrid are very nice

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    saw some beautiful wild bettas in one of our members shop... very nice... kinda thinking of getting a pair// but wonder how it will react to my apistogramma
    ----------------
    Simon, which member's shop? they should be fine with your apistos as long as u get the smaller ones. betta coccina would do just nice for u cos they're bubblenesters. should stay out of each others way. []
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    Amoae's shop got betta coccina.[]

Betta coccina need pretty clean and acidic water to look their best. If I remember correctly, about pH 5.5

They're also super shy fish, so you'd never see them in your tank swimming. Not too sure if they'll even get to feed because they're so shy.

I've kept some before. Maybe it's still best to keep them into species tank with lots of hideouts, caves etc.

I still do keep bettas, a be it not too many nowadays. Just got a Extended red superdelta spawn. A few more spawns also planned.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    victor can share details of your betta setup again?

i saw it once when you posted before and i think it is a great setup.

Aiyah. Simple setup lah. Filtration not enough for the barracks, think I'll add my canister into the setup soon. But not too much fishes in the barracks, so it's still OK.

Anyway, here are some pics of my barracks to simplify water changes and maintain a decent water quality. The 1st pic is an overview shot and the second is a picture of the bottommost tank with a built in sump. Water is pumped by the Eheim 1250 thru a UV filter, to the topmost tank

The main link is HERE

Anonymous Guest/Not Logged In
    ----------------
    On 12/22/2002 9:21:03 AM
    Hello everybody !
    i just joined this great forum and just wondering if there are any betta lovers here?
    ----------------
    I am keeping some red crowntail bettas and some normal short fin bettas. The crowntails not doing well, so currently going back to the basics with some normal ones.

Recently, CTs prices are quite cheap. Sometimes can get very good buys at C328 for red CTs $12-$29. The Red CTs at Straits are also extremely good, but price is a little more expensive, $30+

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I got a black CT from C328 at $12 (young juvenile then).... and a female Ct from a home breeder at $10.... so prices have kinda dropped..... Even Hm have been going lower in pricing. Somehow I hope this will not affect the fishes quality, as the prices gets more and more competitive....
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr site

Well, a lot of fish touted as HMs are not true 180deg HMs. I have had true male and female 180deg HMs before. Some of my friends who were at my place before can attest to this. Too bad, they don't breed well and I didn't get to take much pictures before they passed on or went pass the stage to hold up the 180 deg caudal. Lost a lot of good fish during my son's birth as I didn't have the time to spawn them or to care for them properly

Some touted as HM are even roundtails, not even deltas. No such thing as HM geno, as it's a multi-gene trait. It's best to select fish based on the visible traits of the fish and not from the brand name of the fish. Even true HM pairs do throw out crap fish that breed to give you more crap fish.

I think not much home breeder will sell off the true HM in the spawn. Even if they do, it will be $60-100 or more. Also depending on the colors. Reds and yellows tend to be more expensive.

But, I'm back into breeding again, itching to roll up my sleeves and improve some finnage of some lines and produce some decent bettas!

No choice lah. If I don't want to spend a couple of hundred of $$ to get Hms, have to work on different lines to get my goals...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    hi,
    i used to keep bettas, not alot of them though.
    but the hassle of changing their individual containers' water drove me nuts , so i gave them away to my friend....

but i still like them alot loh, always go to C328, sometimes Straits and even Sembawang shopping centre just to oogle for an hour then dun buy!

then got to know this betta guy and other fishy guys in camp, always want to go see bettas so i go along also...

basically i'm also interested in other species of bettas, and thanks to A.Moae i got a pair of B. coccina !!hopefully can breed them eventually, . Go check out his coccina, persephone and pugnax , they dun come by easily.

btw, trying hard to get my bee shrimps to breed.

Feedback Score
    Glad to see all your replies!
    I have just recently spawned a super delta red male with a crowntail red female...
    The fries are 9 days old now...not too many of them though.

Have fun.
    It's always fun to see the development of the betta frys day by day.
    Then when they are young adults, see them flaring.

Have you gotten enough jars to house the males?

Feedback Score
    Planning to use small plastic tanks to house them.
    Right now just hoping that they will survive...

They can all survive if you feed live daphnia or baby brineshrimp.
    No dried food cause they don't eat non-moving food.

The only headache comes when male-jaring time comes around in 1mth's time

Feedback Score
    hi all,

have any one come accross king crown betta? the type that appear in betta posters with the ray on the fins criss crossing each other.

very beautiful fish, but can't seem to find them anywhere.

ken

Feedback Score
    i dont think king crown is in sg, they r also called pharoah betta. seen in the net but not here. maybe white palace will have one or two.
    To each her own fish !
    petfrd

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast