Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States

Canister filter, Eheim2213/2215 or Marineland magnum pro 350/250HOT

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    HI all been lurking and researching for some time now. I read alot of you use Eheim cans and from my research i can see why. Marineland's magnum 350 pro system with bio wheel has caught my eye. Or the marineland's magnum HOT 250 pro with bio wheel. I'm in the U.S. and can get both of these for a really good price online equal to what a eheim 2213/2215 would cost me. Why is my eye stuck on the marinelands? And why do so many of you use the Eheims

For now all i have is a 20 gal 24"Lx12Wx16"H, i do have plans on getting a 4' tank either 55gal or 70gal, only difference is width of tank. So you can see why i want a canister which can filter more then i need right now. Aside from brand loyality what are the pros and cons of either. I've researched both and still don't know which one to get. Both the 20 and 55/70 will be planted and some point getting a good canister is my first step lighting will be next. Thanks for the input

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    One consideration would be the media capacity, for me, the bigger the capacity, the better.

Another would be ease of getting replacement parts. If you have been reading, you should know that O-rings and impeller shafts are probably the most vulnerable parts of canister filters that would need to be replace some time later.

The power consumption of the filters is another consideration. 2 filters can have equal flowrate but different amount of power consumption.

Another factor I would look at is the noise level when the filter is in operation.
    - eric