Images
    Country
    Singapore

Exclamation HELP!!! Leak on JBJ Solenoid Regulator

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I just found a leak on my solenoid regulator. Located the leak to be at the main cylinder pressure gauge. However, I did not managed to unscrew the gauge to rectify the problem as it was really tight, and the metal part chipped off a little when I tried to unscrew it with a wrench.

Anyone had the same problem before? Or is there anyone who knows how and whether I can take out the gauge to rectify the problem?

Last resort, where can I send it for repair?

JBJ Solenoid Leak.JPG
    Last edited by gemo82; 9th Jan 2009 at 08:59.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Ok problem solved for the moment. Managed to unscrew the pressure gauge and used some PTFE thread seal on it before tightening it back real tight. Still a very faint hissing sound when I switch on my system, but when I test it with soapy water, negative. Then no more hissing sound at all also.

Hope the problem is solved once and for all but could it be the wet thread seal doing the work? Read that thread seal works only for liquid, so could be that the thread seal is wet now, thus no leak, but it does not work when it dries up again? Guess I can only test it again tonight or tomorrow, while hoping for the best in the mean time.

And comments, advice or experience to share?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Do keep us updated.

I think you can give the boss at Systems and Control (aka Bioplast) a call and see if they do such repair works. The number and address can be found in the LFS directory.
    - eric

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Indeed the faint leak is back just now when the CO2 system is off at night. I have emailed JBJ solenoid regulator distributor in Singapore, and they have kindly offered to tighten it for me for free. However, travelling down is a hassle to me (plain lazy), but I decided to repair it myself as suggested by them. And the solution sounds simple: silicon sealant.

Now waiting for it to cure over 24 hours before I switch on the main pressure knob. Hopefully it works tomorrow night. Will update again tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Ok the silicon has cured, and no more leak for now. Thanks for all who view this thread and are concerned.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Nice to hear that you have fixed the problem.
    - eric