Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Setting Up 2ft planted tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi, all just cleared my shrimp tank (2wks ago) & now thinking of setting up a planted tank. My current equipment: Eheim 2222, Matrix 55Wx2, CO2 cylinder, external reactor, GEX 2kg(2 packet) fine & normal grain type. Will buy another 2 pkt.

Is it better to buy a drop checker for beginner?

Do I need to buy Bacter 100 to apply on the bottom of the tank during setup? (Is MIZU promotion ADA-substrate base combi $44.99 still on?)

Tempted to buy Equivalent Lily pipes after reading from the discussion here.i.e i-flo or CAL AQUA.

I have not decide what type of plants & landscape yet but will look at ADA website for more info.
    Thanks for advising.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I also not very pro .. as have been reading a lot these days,

- Is it better to buy a drop checker for beginner?
    Yes, if your budget allow. Another method to check the CO2 level is from the KH and pH table.

- Do I need to buy Bacter 100
    It main purpose is to activate your substrate. Some are using peat with dirt from an established tank. If $$ is allow .. y not?

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore
    You dont need to buy bacter 100 at all. Save the money! Spent on more useful things. What you can do is get small volcanic rocks and place it as base to about an inch, this would create space for bacteria to grow as volcanic rocks has lots of pores for the bacteria to grow. On top of the volcanic rocks top up with the substrate. Small volcanic rocks are cheap, one big bag cost less than 3/4 red notes.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! TIME TO LAY BACK AND RELAX!
    A Journey Of A Thousand Miles Begins With A Single Step

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by blue33 View Post
    You dont need to buy bacter 100 at all. Save the money! Spent on more useful things. What you can do is get small volcanic rocks and place it as base to about an inch, this would create space for bacteria to grow as volcanic rocks has lots of pores for the bacteria to grow. On top of the volcanic rocks top up with the substrate. Small volcanic rocks are cheap, one big bag cost less than 3/4 red notes.
    didn't know can use volcanic rocks instead .. cos i got the bacter 100 already

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by KEN TAN View Post
    Do I need to buy Bacter 100 to apply on the bottom of the tank during setup? (Is MIZU promotion ADA-substrate base combi $44.99 still on?)
    Yes. It's still on and can be found on our Special Promotion category.
    Mizu World - Understanding your Aquatic Needs
    Web: http://www.mizuworld.com Email: [email protected] Contact: +6597857957 (Ben)

Distributor of