Country
    Singapore

Advantage of Electronic Ballast

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Just to share . . . . .

Just found from a contractor if you use E ballast for FL or PL for your light compare with normal ballast ,you will save about 30% of LIGHT electric bill

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Just to balance the picture a bit, was told that E-ballast tend to breakdown easier as well, and cost more to purchase.

But anyway, I would recommend e-ballast anytime! Cooler, more efficient in electricity, and have a higher frequency than normal iron core ballast.
    Allen

----------------
    On 1/18/2002 11:14:18 AM

Just to balance the picture a bit, was told that E-ballast tend to breakdown easier as well, and cost more to purchase.

But anyway, I would recommend e-ballast anytime! Cooler, more efficient in electricity, and have a higher frequency than normal iron core ballast.
    ----------------
    E-ballast go no "blinking" effect, I'm not talking abt the blinking when you just turn on the light but the high frequency blinking when using iron core ballast, they say this extends the life of the tube (no more black burn out at the ends of the tube) and because of no blinking you get more light output.

I've changed all my FL light strips to E-ballast, running for more than 1.5yrs and still no problem, they are Osram e-ballast.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    My local made e-ballast is running for abt a year already. Still works fine.

Saving electricity is one thing, but I'm more concern abt the temp. The iron core type ballast gave out too much heat.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Lighter, cooler, no starter problem.

I also changed all the ballest to e-ballest, no problem for 1+ yr.
    My Apisto Keeping Diary
    Apistogramma agassizii, Apistogramma bitaeniata "Careiro", Apistogramma brevis, Apistogramma elizabethae, Apistogramma eremnopyge, Apistogramma sp. "Miua", Dicrossus filamentosus

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    i think eballast appeared abt 10 yrs ago.
    when introduced, it had a bad reputation of breaking down easily and frequently.
    now, 10 yrs down the road, a lot would have changed and i am sure they don't breakdown easily.
    if they did, the industry would have chucked eballast technology into dustbin.

what i like best abt eballast is the no blinking and flickering.
    flip the switch and they are on....
    thomas liew

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 1/21/2002 1:30:04 PM

i think eballast appeared abt 10 yrs ago.

when introduced, it had a bad reputation of breaking down easily and frequently.

now, 10 yrs down the road, a lot would have changed and i am sure they don't breakdown easily.

if they did, the industry would have chucked eballast technology into dustbin.

what i like best abt eballast is the no blinking and flickering.

flip the switch and they are on....
    ----------------
    agree... ...the regular ballast really give too much heat... and I think it produce some kind of sound........ too