Thread: Water parameter hope to resolve cloudy water problem

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    If you decide to use the UV filter option, make sure you don't use any medication. The UV will breakdown some meds and may results to nasty stuff that may be a danger for you fishes.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    i will not use the UV filter option now. I will try to push my kH up first to c how it goes. Then also it is better to increase my No3 as it is now zero rite ?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I would reduce water change temp to allow your bacteria to build up which probably increase you NO3 (depending on your bioload). At the same time increase you kH gradually as you have planned.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Just to share my experience with cloudy water...

ever since my last tank mishap, my tank just started to get more and more cloudy... I'm not sure why, but I suspect that my filter bacteria got wiped out... anyway, I've been trying out sorts of stuff to get rid of the bacterial bloom... finally though I decided to go with UV lamps... I borrowed a couple from David, and hooked them up that night (ard 10pm)

The next morning I looked at my tank and could see a very slight improvement... anyway, I went shopping and found a new product called B-clear from nutrafin. I've actually been looking around for this, but only just found it. Anyway, I did a water change, then added some of this into my tank. The next morning, my water was really much improved (still a bit cloudy). IN all, I'm not sure which was the most effective, but the combination of water change, chemical, and UV sure did the trick... each day now I wake up and the water gets cleaner (been just 3 days).

Oh before you ask, I bought the last bottle of the stuff from a shop in great world, and aside from that shop, I have not seen any other lfs carrying this... and believe me, I've searched a lot of lfs.
    Allen

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Allen,

Thanks for new info. Just to share with you, slow down your filter rate when you use the UV. After about 72 hrs non-stop, I am sure you will get crystal clear water.

I determine my water clarity by comparing from front and side way; they should be just as clear.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks for the tips FC. []
    Allen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12