Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all,
    sorry just visited c328 and checking out all the plant stuff... just wondering what kind of fert do you guys use? or what do i look out for when it comes to choosing fert? sorry asking lots of noob questions.

jusr wondering if seachem excel is good cause i seem to come across it quite a fair bit... but the bottle just says organic carbon? c328 selling for 14 bucks haha so just asking the pros before i fork out money...
    Last edited by Wackytpt; 24th Oct 2008 at 08:45. Reason: SMS lingo

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xia0_No0bZ View Post
    jusr wondering if seachem excel is good cause i seem to come across it quite a fair bit... but the bottle just says organic carbon? c328 selling for 14 bucks haha so just asking da pros before i fork out monee...
    Hi bro/sis,

technically speaking, Seachem Excel is not a fert (at least to me) but more of a carbon supplement to the plants. It's useful as it provides the plants with the needed carbon (dioxide) plants require to take in to photosynthesize & thus grow. It's very commonly available in most LFSs here, you may wish to scout around for other pricing if time permits (By the way, the $14 is for the 250ml one?)

As for ferts for plants (to make plants grow faster & lusher), Seachem also have one [Seachem Flourish - something like an all-in-one kind...] quite popular among hobbyists. Other brands include Wondergrow, Ferka, Azoo etc... Each got its own +s & -s, you really need to read up more to see which one suits you (or at least the plants you intend to buy for your tank in the future) better... [Better to spend more time to read up & plan ahead before you dive into this hobby than to spend $$ unnecessarily...]

Then there are others (like trace elements, Iron supplement etc) which you may need/want to buy... again, mostly depends on the types of plants you intend to keep...

Hope the above helps...

Cheers!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    thanks so much...

haha there was only one size there (that i saw) so not sure sorry man